“A Gem”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Gem”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Inn at Reading is an old but well maintained hotel. I have stayed at this property many times in last 20 years. It has the same charm as always with friendly and courteous staff. The room was much improved with nice finishes. Overall value was much better than ever before. Price for room and dinner at restaurant now cost less than what I spent few years back. The breakfast was great as always. The pool and courtyard with cabana bar is nice place to relax. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am happy that you had a great experience at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate all your comments and I am glad that you were able to enjoy our restaurant and cabana bar area. I will share all of your comments with the staff.

Thank you for your continued support over the years and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Maryland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is the second time that I stayed at this hotel for a convention and the experience was totally different. After checking in, we were given a room in building #6; and it was less than desirable. It was a very, very old room with a musty smell. The AC was regulated by an old thermostat and only one small air vent that worked in the ceiling - could only be felt when standing directly below it. It was a large room, but all the furniture was old, outdated and seriously needed to be cleaned. We made sure not to sit on the pull out sofa or the two other chairs that were in the room. I used wipes and cleaned the tables again (just to be sure). The room continued to have a weird smell and feel extremely hot and muggy. I called the front desk to complain and they said that maintenance wouldn't be available for another 45 minutes or so, because they were working on the roof fixing leaks in another part of the Inn. We decided to leave the room for a few hours in hope that they would go to our room at some point and fix it. I then went to the front desk and asked about our room and was told the AC was an older unit and it takes "awhile" to cool. (July 4th weekend - it was hot!!) I informed him that I suffer with migraines and it wasn't acceptable. I compared the air quality to someone holding something over my face-yes, suffocating. I mentioned that air needs to circulate with a fan or something. When I returned to my room hours later, a fan was left there. We were never given the option to change rooms, etc. It was an experience that I would not want to have again and would want people to have an appropriate perspective of the possibilities of being in one of the "older rooms."

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer or renovated rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frecklechick
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete both of your reviews. I am glad to see that you enjoyed The Inn at Reading during your first visit. I apologize that your second visit did not exceed your expectations. There are only a few rooms that have not been renovated and they should be completed in the next few months. I wish we would have been able to change your room for you.
I will also discuss all of your concerns with the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers to help ensure that we do a better job handling these types of issues in the future.

I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Reading.

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in Reading and found that The Inn at Reading has the best value. The only thing is that I did not get any miles or rewards for my stay but this place had everything else to offer. The room was clean, renovated and spacious with comfortable bed. Staff is very friendly and goes extra mile to help. The service was excellent from desk clerk to server to housekeeper; the breakfast was hot with a lot of variety; the restaurant food was great and reasonably priced. I did not enjoy the pool but could see a lot of guest utilizing beautiful pool from my room. This is my place for stay now.

1 Thank Steve G
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along all of your comments to the staff as well.

We look forward seeing you again soon. Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice hotel. It's huge! Nice pool and courtyard, could use alittle bit of TLC on the exterior. The rooms don't have refrigerators and if you are in the upper floors of the E-wing be prepared to walk miles to get to the ice machine. If you are not going to have refrigerators in your rooms I suggest that you add more ice machines. But overall very happy with it and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will review all of your comments with the staff and managers. I apologize for any confusion on the ice machine locations. There is actually an ice machine on the first floor of the E wing. I will make sure the front desk explains that more clearly to guests in the future.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Belfort, France
Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice hotel. Big room with very comfortable bed. Nice and clean bathroom. At the reception, employees are helpful, open minded, and very nice and gentle. I did stay 2 nights and I appreciated. I did swim in the swimming pool which is big enough to do some exercises. I recommend to stay at this hotel.

1 Thank TryNewThingsAnytime
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with good service and a quality product. I will relay all of your comments to the rest of the staff as well.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed July 14, 2013

They have a great pool especially for families with small children. The rooms are simple but well appointed with a great bathroom. Lots of counter space and a 2nd sink outside the bathroom. The cleaning staff are very thoughtful and provide excellent service. In fact all the staff was a pleasure to work with. It was a very quiet stay with no road noise. Although there was a fair sized gap under the door that allowed the very infrequent hallway noises.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and as well as our service, guest rooms and other amenities. I appreciate and all of the comments and I will share them with the rest of our staff.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Reading.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was a decent room for the price. The finishes aren't the nicest but it's in a very convenient location. The king size bed was a nice bonus. Service was really responsive. Wish they offered a little more with their continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a quality product and excellent service.

I hope to see you again soon and I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Candlewood Suites Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
#1 of 2 in West Reading

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!