“Not Bad At All”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Wharton, New Jersey
“Not Bad At All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We checked in early at 1pm and were greeted with smile by a young man at the front desk. He was very helpful explaining everything. Our room was great and we had good sleep. My husband and I enjoyed hot breakfast in the morning. I can not think of any shortcoming. It was a great stay and we will definitely come back next month.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate the feedback on your stay and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and comfort of The Inn at Reading.

Thanks again and we look forward to serving you during you return visit next month.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I usually stay at a different hotel while I am visiting the area. The other hotel was out of rooms so the recommended that I stay here. The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and I enjoyed a drink in the bar before bed. The breakfast was also very good you can get the hot buffet or order off a menu. A few blemishes here and there but overall it is a nice hotel and may stay here again on my next trip to Reading.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying at The Inn at Reading. We truly appreciate your feedback.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Inn at Reading.

If you are coming into the Reading area on a regular basis for business our Sales department would love to have the opportunity to discuss setting up a special rate for your company. Please feel free to contact our sales department or me at (610) 372-7811.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel mostly out of necessity. We were in town for an NHRA event and this was pretty much the only hotel in the area with rooms available for the weekend we were there (Oct 4-7) and didn't cost an arm and a leg.
The room looked like it hadn't been renovated since the early 80's...old tube TV, lights that didn't work unless you flipped on several different light switches, old, yellowing bed sheets, lumpy matress, weirdly huge pillows that propped you up about 1 foot off the bed, green tiled bathroom, very little towels...ect!
The first day after we came back from our drag race outing, housekeeping had been to the room, but didn't change our sheets. How did I notice this you ask? Because there was the same weird black stain on the bottom sheet and there was a few pieces of my hair on the sheet as well. The second day we came back from another outing, we arrived to our room at about 5:30pm...and housekeeping had never even been there!! I had to go down to the laundry room and ask for more towels because we threw ours on the bathroom floor thinking we'd get new ones when our room got cleaned.
The free breakfast buffet would have been good...if the food was hot. They had the food in the usual chafing dishes, but with no warmers underneath. Actually, they did have warmers, but they either were just there for show, or lit but not very powerful. Our last day there we had the buffet again, but this time it wasn't free. The food was a bit warmer this time, I think because it was busier and they kept bringing out new food. The service, however, was horrible. There was about 2 waiters for the entire busy room, so it took us a while to get out drinks and check. The dinner we had there the first night was just okay, nothing to write home about.

Basically, you should only stay here if you have no other choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAM524

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at Inn at Reading for the Race weekend. My friend who is a frequent guest at this hotel recommended and booked for me. It was a good choice. I was pleased with the room, staff, bar and everything this place offers. I recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went to the Inn for a wedding reception and stayed 1 night. We went to check-in a 3:15 (check-in was advertised for 3:00) and were told that rooms were not ready but they were finally ready by 4:00. So our 1st impression was not good. They were plain no frills standard looking rooms and the place on a whole does needs updating and better maintenance as there was an odor of slight mustiness or "oldness" in the hallways and even at the main lobby, and a rundown looking stairway as we entered the wing where our room was located. The room was however clean. The woodwork was beat up and the very long hallways throughout the inn were dimly light, kind of got the feeling I was in the movie "The Shining". We had to ask for towels as there was only 1 towel in the bathroom. Probably just a mistake by housekeeping. Food at the reception was standard diner like food and they ran out of clean glasses so we had to reuse our glass if we wanted another mixed drink. Why were there no plastic cups available as a backup plan? Ridicuous!! Front desk staff seemed a little disorganized as the line was long and very slow moving. Overall, would not stay there again unless the management does major improvement on the property and there is better organization of the check-in and housekeeping process. Management of the hotel and the banquet services also need improvement. For the price I would have expected an overall better experience and nicer accomadations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a wedding in Reading. The room was not ready upon arrival and the staff was unfriendly. The rooms were quite disgusting. There were not enough towels to accommodate the room. The lighting in the room was very dull. Worst of all, the water did not drain from the bathtub and sink.

Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Coretez C
North Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel was the worst dump I have ever seen. The people at the front desk were very nice at check in and said they had a "great room" ready for us... Sure...the carpet was extremely dirty and stained, there were huge scuff marks all over the wall, mold around the vents and corners of the tub. This place is disgusting... NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Babely76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
#1 of 2 in West Reading

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!