“Good Choice”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Buffalo, New York
“Good Choice”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at Inn at Reading for the Race weekend. My friend who is a frequent guest at this hotel recommended and booked for me. It was a good choice. I was pleased with the room, staff, bar and everything this place offers. I recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went to the Inn for a wedding reception and stayed 1 night. We went to check-in a 3:15 (check-in was advertised for 3:00) and were told that rooms were not ready but they were finally ready by 4:00. So our 1st impression was not good. They were plain no frills standard looking rooms and the place on a whole does needs updating and better maintenance as there was an odor of slight mustiness or "oldness" in the hallways and even at the main lobby, and a rundown looking stairway as we entered the wing where our room was located. The room was however clean. The woodwork was beat up and the very long hallways throughout the inn were dimly light, kind of got the feeling I was in the movie "The Shining". We had to ask for towels as there was only 1 towel in the bathroom. Probably just a mistake by housekeeping. Food at the reception was standard diner like food and they ran out of clean glasses so we had to reuse our glass if we wanted another mixed drink. Why were there no plastic cups available as a backup plan? Ridicuous!! Front desk staff seemed a little disorganized as the line was long and very slow moving. Overall, would not stay there again unless the management does major improvement on the property and there is better organization of the check-in and housekeeping process. Management of the hotel and the banquet services also need improvement. For the price I would have expected an overall better experience and nicer accomadations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a wedding in Reading. The room was not ready upon arrival and the staff was unfriendly. The rooms were quite disgusting. There were not enough towels to accommodate the room. The lighting in the room was very dull. Worst of all, the water did not drain from the bathtub and sink.

Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Coretez C

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel was the worst dump I have ever seen. The people at the front desk were very nice at check in and said they had a "great room" ready for us... Sure...the carpet was extremely dirty and stained, there were huge scuff marks all over the wall, mold around the vents and corners of the tub. This place is disgusting... NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Babely76
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Arrived with 50 folks on church bus tour first night had numerous issues with way to hot, no control of temp, electrical plug fell apart in my hand, oat folks not get clean towels , must have walked 2 blocks to breakfast, paint coming off building walls....need I go on?

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Lowell B
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. I wish we would have had the opportunity to change your room for you. Many of our rooms have been recently renovated and they have new carpet, paint, 32” flat screen tv's and new bedding package. I apologize if there was any issue with the air conditioning or any other issues that you experienced during your stay. We try to exceed all guest’s expectations and in the event that there is an issue with a room we try to correct it right away.
I apologize again that your room was not up to standard when you arrived and I will review this with our housekeeping department. I will also review your comments with the other managers as well. All of our guests are important to us and we certainly value your feedback.
Thank you.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I haven't been here since my honeymoon 15 years ago, we loved it here then. It is an old fashioned hotel with lots of wood decor. There is a gym and a pool, a restaurant on site; and the staff is very helpful and professional. I love the layout and the furnishings, but I was disappointed that the whirlpool bath didn't work, the toilet didn't flush properly, and there was no lighting on or near the desk. I stayed in a king executive room, which was spacious and comfortable. I would still stay again because I think they are just behind on the maintenance, not negligent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel if you want a view; otherwise your view will be the mai...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my husband. I was very happy with the price and accomodation. The room was very spacious with 2 vanities. The bed was very comfirtable. Free Wi-Fi was pretty fast. The breakfast was hot and the service was very good. One night, we had a dinner at their restaurant and to our surprise it was excellent and reasonably priced. I did not have the opportunity to try the pool but my husband enjoyed it. We recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Reading. We will definitely come back next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Eileen K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!