“Enjoyed the night”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Enjoyed the night”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had a nice night here. We especially enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. Huge room and liked having two sinks - one in with the shower and outside of it - we could both get ready at the same time almost.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happyirishlass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
USA
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had been to the INN at Reading for banquets and such in the past but never stayed there until this past weekend. When I was looking for a room for 1 night in the area, the prices were all above $100 except this one. Assuming that the banquets and events would speak for the hotel, I easily chose the $89. room for a Saturday night.

The PROS are that it's a nice place and staffed with nice people. The rooms are in OK-shape, but are worn (see the CONS). There is a restaurant and bar on premises, as well as the usual hotel amenities. The location is great! Easy to get to from the major highways and everything is easily within a 20 minute drive from outlets, to PA dutch activities, center-city Reading, and so on.

The CONS are that the hotel-end has seen better days. The bathroom was falling apart (literally). There are a lot of weddings and reception guests ... including ones who become ill in the halls and in their rooms. The paint, fixtures, etc. all could use some TLC. The food at the "Tavern" is nothing to write about.

Unfortunately, the positives won't outweigh the negatives. Next time, I'll pay $30 more and get something where the restaurants are open all night and I don't have to mix company with drunk reception guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place was chosen as the hotel for guests attending the wedding of a friend of ours. Even driving up to the property I felt like this was going to be an interesting experience. First of all this is actually a Motel, you have separate entrances to banks of rooms. The place is need of renovation, there's no doubt about it, but it wasn't dirty or unlivable. I did look longingly at both the Ramada and Marriott that were nearby. I would check those places out first if I were you. The Inn does have a Tavern-style restaurant. We had bar snacks in the evening which you really can't screw up but then again a lot of alcohol enhances the flavor of anything. Breakfast was a buffet which might have been ok if there was anyone attending it. Getting coffee was a chore and I scraped the bottom of the pan trying to get the few bits of scrambled eggs and scooped some cold bacon onto my plate as the burners were left to go out.

Room Tip: There's only one level so there's really no difference. I didn't find it loud, I don'...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I have read your review and I thank you for your feedback. I apologize if we did not meet your expectations. You are correct in that we are not a typical hotel. We pride ourselves on being a beautiful Historical Inn and not a typical standard hotel. The Inn at Reading is actually celebrating its 50th anniversary of serving the Reading area and we thank all of our valuable guests for that honor.

We do have 5 wings as well as over $13,000 sq. ft of flexible banquet and meeting space that are all connected by a central hallway. While the option is available to enter The Inn at Reading through the keycard only secured exterior doors to each of the wings, it is not required. Also, just to be clear, None of the guest rooms have entrances on the exterior of The Inn at Reading. All guests must enter though the secured interior corridor to their rooms. Many guests actually check-in through our Lobby area and walk through central hallways to their rooms.

The Inn at Reading offers a wonderful full menu that is inclusive of all different types of foods from appetizers to sandwiches to steaks and seafood. This menu is available in our tavern, restaurant and through room service.

The owners of The Inn at Reading have also spent several million dollars in upgrades over the past couple of years. Many of our rooms are newly renovated. The rooms offer new bedding packages, new carpet, paint, 32” flat screen tv’s, as well as completely renovated bathrooms. The Inn at Reading will continue to work to better our service and product and we truly appreciate all of the support from our valuable guests.

Once again, I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and I apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel, and will be the last. I should've known better from the start - I attempted to call the hotel directly to discuss my reservation and had to re-dial for 20 minutes before I finally reached a person. Upon arriving, the sheets had blood spots on them, the towels were yellowed and the heat/AC unit only blew cold air. Never again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank cmc1977
Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. I apologize that your room was not up to standard when you arrived and I will review this with our housekeeping department. I will also review your comments regarding your reservations with the front desk.

Many of our rooms have been recently renovated and the rooms have new carpet, paint, 32” flat screen tv's and new bedding package. We also offer a full service restaurant, tavern, room service, a beautiful exterior pool (Memorial Day – Labor Day) and over 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space.

All of our guests are important to us and we certainly value your feedback so I will definitely follow up on the issues that you encountered. Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Lancaster, PA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We've made a tradition of staying at The Inn at Reading for Memorial Day weekend due to the price, proximity, pool and cabana bar. This will be our last year.
The hotel seems to become seedier and weirder every year!
This year I called before making reservation to make sure the pool and cabana bar would be open. Yes. Well, the pool was open anyway. The Inn's sign on the highway clearly stated that the cabana bar was open.... very odd. Memorial Day weekend!
From the minute we arrived all we saw were things being repaired by the hotel staff - or things that needed to be fixed - such as our non-flushing toilet. Even the snack machine was broken... so we hiked to the hotel restaurant for a snack. The restaurant was dark at 9 p.m. on a Friday night. We had dinner there Saturday. Nothing about out order was correct - from entree, side dishes to dessert! The waiter did apologize and comped us a round of drinks. There was no one IN the restaurant - maybe one other table. The food was decent.
The lock to the outside door was broken sometime Saturday. I observed a maintenance man attempting to fix it Sunday morning. He must have given up because Sunday and Monday the only way to get into the hotel was to yank on the door with all your might.
We were given vouchers for free breakfast on Monday morning. My husband slept late, but assumed breakfast would be served until check out time (11 a.m.). We drove the mile to the front desk/restaurant to observe that someone at the hotel had called the police (not the first time this weekend either) and that at 10:30 breakfast was no longer being served.
The whole trip left me feeling filthy and creepy.
This is a nice older hotel that could be so much more than a weird motor inn. Next time we'll travel a little further to a well-maintained, well-coordinated inn.

Room Tip: Go to another place.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dutch1Girl
Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and for your valuable feedback. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. I will review your feedback with the management team.

I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the food in our full service restaurant and tavern and apologize that we did have some mistakes on the order. I am also happy that you were able to use our beautiful exterior pool which is open daily from 10 am -10pm (Memorial Day - Labor Day). I apologize if the Cabana Bar was not open when you arrived. Our Cabana Bar is normally open nightly from Thursday - Saturday. (Memorial Day through Labor Day).

Many of our rooms have been completely renovated and we are still in the process of completing some additional work on the remaining rooms and public areas. I will review your comments with the rest of the management team. I will also work with the Food and Beverage department to make sure the service level is excellent in the dining room.

Thank you again for staying with us at The Inn at Reading and I hope to see you again on your next trip.
Narvon
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have been dealing with the Inn at Reading for the past three (3) years in preparation for the 159th Annual Conclave of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Pennsylvania. Never have I had one complaint, from the beginning the folks at the Inn bent over backwards to accomodate me.
The culmination of the preparations was an experience over a four (4) day period from May 17, 2012 through May 20, 2012 was nothing short of perfection. The staff was extremely courteous and personable. I was, and this amazed me, greeted by name by all of whom I came in contact. We had three banquets, one of which was a buffet, three buffet breakfasts, and three (3) buffet lunches. On Saturday we had three separate lunches with three separate menus. They were all perfect. My chapeaux is off to the chef. The rooms are large and clean, with most having just been totally renovated. My first dealings were with Carla Kishbaugh and Mary Louise Hartline. Regretfully Carla moved on and did not see the culmination of her efforts, BUT, ML, as she is lovingly known by the staff, was the epitome of what an Event Planner should be. There was nothing that was requested of her that did not happen.
Would I recommend the Inn at Reading for your next event??? Beyond the shadow of a doubt. To go elsewhere, in pursuit of something better, is an effort in futility.
Courteously, Sir Knight John K. March, Past Grand Commander of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Pennsylvania

Room Tip: The run of the mill average room is excellent. Try to reserve a room near the lobby, which is the hu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank John M
Dear Sir Knight John K. March, Past Grand Commander of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Pennsylvania:

We thank you very much for having your 159th Annual Conclave of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Pennsylvania event at The Inn at Reading and for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your fellow Knights. It was a true pleasure being able to serve your group and I will pass along all of your comments to the management and staff at The Inn at Reading.

Thanks again for choosing The Inn at Reading for your 159th Annual Conclave of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Pennsylvania.
Narvon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I recently spent a wonderful 4 day weekend at the Inn at Reading attending an event. The personnel were wonderful and always helpful. The food and service for a rather large event was terrific. Everyone I talked to raved about how friendly the personnel were and that they really liked their rooms. I requested vegetarian meals for the banquets and was extremely happy with what I received. The other attendees were a little jealous, I think. The planning involved for this event require much movng of walls and tables and chairs. It went off without a hitch and we all enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for all of you wonderful comments regarding your function and stay at The Inn at Reading. It was our pleasure to serve you and your group. I will be sure to pass along all of your comments to our management team and staff.

Thank you again for choosing The Inn at Reading for all of your guest rooms and group function needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!