“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Seafood Shanty - CLOSED

Seafood Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The best thing about eating here are the Thursay specials on oysters, clams, etc. Eating on other ocassions has always been an over priced disappointment. Last night was a broiled seafood medley presented sitting in water with over cooked potatoes and a ceasar salad smothrred in a dressing not even vaguely representative of a caesar. The restaurant looks great, but disappoints greater. I' d love them to get their act together, because I do love their Thursday specials.

Reading
“Nostalgia Big Time!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My third time back for a terrific lunch...This was a thriving restaurant back in the 60's and 70's and it's nice to see it has made a comeback in my area. Great decorator's touch of displaying their wood table from that era. And, to know, it's the same cole slaw, (yup) recipe...Wait staff is brand new and still learning, but that was fine w/me.. Each lunch time has been a wonderful, delicious meal..Give yourself a treat and get out to the "NEW" Seafood Shanty!!!!

v
“tony berks county diner disappointed”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

service was good ,food was plated real nice but unfortunatly it had no flavor. it tasted pre-cooked we were a party of five for dinner.first time for all. i don,t believe we will be back.totally disappointed as i am young enough to remember the original restaurant and the great taste of their cuisine.completely overpriced in relation to quality.

Clarence Center, New York
“Fair food, fair service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I was worried about going here after reading the other reviews but a client wanted to go so didn't have much choice. The restaurant seemed kind of dirty to me and when the waitress brought my wine, that was confirmed by the sticky glass it was in. The food was ok, I had shrimp fettuccine which was fairly tasty but the noodles tasted like they had been sitting around awhile. Our bill was $66 including tip which I thought was high considering what kind of restaurant it is.

Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“over rated”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

From start to finish. Nicely laid out as far as seating. Hard to read menu as their color scheme is too light. Staff needs to be better trained for the pricing they ask for. I don't mind paying for a nice dinner providing the service warrants it as well as the food quality. Unfortunately this restaurant lacks both. Not knowing restaurant procedures regarding tips, I can only guess it is divided amongst the staff, as one person takes the order and other's deliver the order.
I ordered lobster tail which came with no butter and a very dull knife. I am not used to having to utilize a knife for lobster tail in addition to having to request butter to go along with it. Also, my date for the evening ordered her meal and they forgot a side. The plus to the evening, if you will call it that, was the issues where adressed by our server once he returned to ask how things are.
As the reviews seem to address some of the same issues and it has been open for a lenghty enough time to address them, I will not be returning to this establishement..