Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
$236
$167
$90
EconoLodge
All reviewsfront desktwo room suitehot tubyogurtfree breakfastreading areavf outletsvery pleasant staywould stay here againnice breakfastenjoyed my staystaff was friendlywhimmicrowavecollegeinns
Reviewed October 21, 2013

So for whatever reason, you find yourself in Wyomissing PA, on the outskirts of Reading. In our case we were in town for a wedding and this was the hotel our local hosts recommended. Considering the price we paid for the room ($100) it was a pretty good deal if you are on a budget. Breakfast pretty good with the waffle makers. Pool and hot tub seemed good. Exercise room large with nice TV.

Guest rooms are average size but bathrooms are tiny. Don't be expecting to have more than one person in there at a time. And this has to be the last hotel on the planet not to use the curved shower curtain rods. This means you have to keep peeling the wet shower curtain off your body while you are showering (yuk!). And the tub had some stains on the inside. And the toilet ran all night.

Like one other reviewer said: You get what you pay for.

For an extra $50/night you might want to consider the Courtyard by Marriott which is less than 1/2 mile away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thanks very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing us and I am glad you felt that we were a good value. I made note of the areas where you felt we could use some improvement and I will be sharing those with our team to ensure a better stay for our guests.

Thanks you again and I hope you will give us another chance if you are back in the area-

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were welcomed warmly at the front desk and offered cookies at check in. The room was nice and clean, beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of hot water too.
Breakfast (which is included) is pretty good really. You get what you pay for! Our breakfast included fruit cocktail, which I didn't eat because I could tell it was canned just by looking at it. There were little cheese omeletes and diced potatoes which looked quite tastey (and my husband liked them) I made myself a waffle at the waffle station, put a little bit of butter on, one container of peanut butter and a drizzle of syrup and was one happy camper. There were several versions of coffee and tea, also 2 kinds of juice and 2% as well as skim milk. Cold cereal and hot oatmeal and some pastries were available as well.
I felt I needed to write this review after reading a previous one complaining about the breakfast. If you travel a bit and stay in these little places, you learn the breakfast drill pretty quick; it's not the Four Seasons; you get what you pay for and it's not bad at all!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz C
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, especially our free breakfast. I am so glad you enjoyed everything and that you took the time to express your feedback about your stay. We strive very hard to give our guest's a wonderful and quality experience and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon-
Heather Gilbert

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Terrible, terrible breakfast. Bagels stale. My husband threw away his scrambled eggs, diced ham, and fruit cocktail. I had to put three coffee cups in the dirty dish tub before I found two that were clean. Positive note: the coffee was hot.

Management should also review hotel security procedures. Every time we came down the back stairs (just down the hall from the breakfast room) the back door was propped open with a rock. I'm not exaggerating....EVERYTIME. I suspect this is being done by employees taking a break. If this isn't a hotel security policy violation, it should be.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spadehome
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I am very sorry you were so disappointed with our hotel's breakfast. We normally get nice comments regarding our breakfast and cleanliness, and I apologize that these standards were not evident during your experience with us.
I hope you will give us another chance to show you the great service we are known for and an opportunity to welcome you back to us soon.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns at 610-373-4444 ext. 405.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked a last minute stay near Reading PA and sight and sound theater. We were heading out after my husband got home from work with a 4 hour drive ahead of us. We called en route to let them know we would be arriving after 10 pm and the gentleman who answered the phone was very polite. He even told us not to rush and just to arrive safely.

Check in went super smooth and was done in an informative, friendly and welcoming fashion. Coffee was available at all hours as were the complementary chocolate chip cookies- a nice touch. The entrance to the hotel was clean and inviting. The elevator ran efficiently. Our room seemed well maintained and included a mini fridge and coffee maker. The beds were neatly made and super comfortable! The room was quiet. We made it down to breakfast at 9:30 and stayed until a little after shut down time but never felt rushed to leave but I wouldn't plan on hanging around too long after 10 am. The food for breakfast included oatmeal, dried cereal, muffins, nuke and serve eggs, nuke and serve sausage, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, canned fruit salad, yogurt, granola, hash browns and a make your own waffle station (kids loved that) , juice coffee, tea, water, milk. hot cocoa - beverages available in to-go cups. All that you can eat and drink worked great for this hungry family of 5.

There is an indoor pool and spa that looked inviting but we lacked the time to enjoy them. Next time I'll schedule that in.

I payed $124 for the one weekday night through a third party. I belong to a rebate club and received an extra 3% back. Making the grand total cost about $120. I have seen less expensive places to stay but felt that a nutritious breakfast would have cost the $40 difference for the 5 of us.

I am so pleased with this stay and would recommend Country Inn and Suites in Wyomissing PA.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Facility was noticeably updated (some older things present, like the heavy bathroom door that was way too tight in the door jamb). Great service, clean, and breakfast was very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are a 17 year old hotel and have done some recent updating to our guest rooms, however some of the older "charm" remains. I appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.