“Consistantly Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My Wife and I visit the Reading area about twice a year for Berks jazz concerts on average and always stay at this Hotel. We experience a consistently comfortable, clean and quiet stay. From the front desk check in process to buffet and housekeeping staff all are pleasant and professional. This property is very centrally located to restaurants, shopping and concert venues.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here one night at this older but well-kept property while attending Super Chevy show in nearby Maple Grove. Staff at the front desk were very very helpful answering all questions without any hesitation. Shower pressure was good, breakfast good and Walmart can be found down a few blocks. Plenty of parking with good breakfast, nice room with plenty of eating options but best pizza ever can be found down the road at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. Only minor complaint was turning left into the property was sometimes difficult due to oncoming traffic and steep incline which caused chin spoiler to scrape on car.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank hotelforfun
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight here before going to Lancaster for a memorial service for his mom. The desk clerk was very pleasant. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the room temperature was perfect, the TV was working perfectly. We went to the pool which was on the cool side, so we didn't stay there too long. The free breakfast was fine - nothing out of the ordinary. For what we needed on this trip, this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. As usual, it was clean; the bed was comfortable; and the room was quiet even though I was centrally located on the floor. It is centrally located and easy to get to for shopping and other activities for which you may be visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Quick overnight for business. Room was quiet, clean and comfortable. There is a Starbucks a mile away and restaurants open until midnight. bed was very comfortable. Staff was friendly but not so friendly that it seems fake.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here two nights because my wife wanted to go to as many antique shops as possible just south of Reading, in Adamstown. The reason I could not rate this motel higher is because the A/C wall control had a limit on the setting. At night, when the outside temp is lower and the A/C doesn't run as often, the room get stuffy, humid. Because the motel management has the temperature setting blocked from going below a certain setting, the room got uncomfortable, especially at night. We hate trying to sleep in a humid stuffy room. My wife and I both ended up sleeping with only a sheet covering us. If the room had a ceiling fan it would have helped with the situation. This matter made the stay there go from what could have been excellent to average. Not having a restful sleep because of a stuffy room at night is a huge negative. Other than that, the stay was just fine. Clean, quiet, and the service was great and friendly. The motel is situated close to shopping and a large restaurant selection. I would stay there again, but not in the summer or during hot or warm weather. I had other customers ask me when we were in the elevator, etc., if your room had the problem of temperature settings being locked. So I know it wasn't just our room, or just me complaining about this issue.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allenfizer
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The first impression the good customer relations of the receptionist. The rooms were perfectly clean. The continental breakfast had the verities we needed. The positioning of the Hotel is central to many areas we visited. I will choose the Hotel it again anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
1 mi away
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing? Share your experiences!