“Nice place”

Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice modern, clean facilities...klobby area is expecially nice. The weekend rate was a bit higher than i'd expect for the brand & that area, but overall was still very good...I would stay again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

tchaldeman,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your visit. It’s great to know that you liked our property and enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Reading. We value you as our guest and appreciate you recommending our great hotel to future travelers. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked this property for a girls weekend to visit family who live a few miles from here. This is definitely the best Courtyard I've stayed in: new-looking, clean, nicely furnished and decorated, 6-stories and two elevators. The West Reading location is convenient and Viva restaurant next door was excellent. In some ways, this is similar to a full-service Marriott property, but in others it's clearly just a Courtyard: tiny gym, low thread count sheets, no free breakfast for Platinum Elites, thin walls, and noisy mechanical systems that interfered with my sleep. Room rates were outrageously high, apparently due to a local special event. It was necessary to book for a minimum of two nights to use Marriott Rewards points.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

SLois,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Courtyard. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your girls weekend visiting family. I’m pleased to hear that this is the best Courtyard you’ve stay in and found the hotel to be clean, nicely furnished and conveniently located for your traveling needs. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the areas that we fell short to meet your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked at two night stay for a Girls weekend. We were going to a concert at the Sovreign Center and planned on doing visits to 4 outlets over the course of the long weekend. We booked 2 queen beds. We arrived early around 11:30 AM and opted to just check in and get the paper work out of the way. The room was ready and they let us check in. The hotel is 6 floors and we were on the 6th floor~608 and it was close to the elevator. I was a bit concerned that we would hear alot of noise through out the night but it was quiet. The room was nice, clean. Had a fridge, the single cup coffee maker. The one draw back was the fact that there was no other mirror in the the room. There were two mirrors in the bathroom, the one above the sink and one behind the inside of the bathroom door. It would of been nice if there was one outside so that we could free the bathroom up for each other. Our coffee and cups were not restocked and I did have to go to the desk and ask for more the next morning. There was a Bistro but we did not eat there. We did get a cocktail to take up to our room our second night. The staff all seemed friendly and helpful. When they inquired at check in what was the purpose of our visit and we told them, they promptly pulled out directions to the center for us. We thought it was very nice and helpful. They gave us a few hints about getting there and parking too. The center is less than 2 miles from the hotel. So it worked well for us. We did do the Reading outlet and they have a tunnel you can walk through to get to them. We did use the jacuzzi in the pool area. Both seemed well maintained. The pool wasn't all that big. I would think if they a school or club group in using the pool it would get crowded. But the hotel was nice, staff was nice and it was a good location for what we needed to do. We traveled to Lancaster the second day. It was about a 1/2 hour to the other outlets there. I would stay at this property again, it was a good location and worked well for our needs.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevator were quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KAG39
Renee B, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

KAG39,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Reading. I hope you had a fabulous girls weekend and I’m happy to know that our location worked well for your trip. I’m delighted to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful with offering directions and tips on parking in the city. I apologize for the oversight on restocking the coffee and cups in your room and appreciate your feedback on the mirrors. We thank you and your girlfriends for choosing to stay with us and hope you’ll visit again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night, a Sturday in February 2013. Every inch of the place was immaculate. Bathrooms spotless as was the room. Highly recommended. Took the no-refund rate and got the room at a bargain.

Room Tip: Had a King on the 3rd floor, quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

spleesplew,
We're glad to hear from you, and we appreciate your kind review. I'm glad you found our hotel immaculate, and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us at Courtyard. Thank you for letting other viewers know of our great hotel. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A nicely redone marriott with good beds, food, and touches that make it a great place for business trips.

One big downside is how bad the gym is. It is one of the worst marriott gyms with only 2 treadmills and only one bench for weight lifting. Change this and I'd give it 5 stars for business trips

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Leopold S,
Thank you for your business and feedback regarding the fitness center. We understand each guest is different when utilizing the fitness center. Many of our guests enjoy the TV monitors on the 2 treadmills, elliptical, and stair climber machines, access to the bench with the variety of dumb bells, and the large window wall in the room. However, should you visit our hotel again, we hope you have an opportunity to take advantage of a complimentary pass to Body Zone Fitness and Wellness Center. We are the only hotel in our area that provides this free to our guests. Thank you for your time and feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Everything, from the moment I have check in, has been super. Friendly staff, nice decor, great central location. The rooms are good size, nice and clean. The desk and office area of the room are well designed with four outlet plugs for computer, IPad, your phone, etc at desk level. You don't have to search under furniture to plug in. Then you have the wired as well as wireless network available to you. If you travel more than 200 days out of the year like I do, then this is the place for you to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Jim_Bond_007,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your compliments about our hotel, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our spacious, well equipment rooms as well as our friendly and helpful staff. We're glad to provide a nice, comfortable place for a weary traveler like you to stay. Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hands down, this is an excellent, and in my opinion, ONLY place to stay in this area. Although it is a Courtyard Marriott (I have stayed at many) it is managed so well by Mark DiPiazza that you'd think it comparable to some major 5 star hotels I've stayed in. The hotel is immaculately clean, with a large beautiful lobby with fireplace (welcoming on those icy snowy nights in the winter). sofas, lounges and chairs, a nice computer work center, bar, and cafe. There are business conference rooms, a laundry room and workout room, and a heated indoor pool with a little waterfall and Jacuzzi feature.
Rooms have small refrigerators, coffee makers, armoire, flat screen tv with aux inputs, and a movable hideaway desk feature for expanding your workspace if need be.
I have stayed here several times, for east coast family functions, or to visit my daughters. Mark has always been extremely accommodating, and his staff has always been amazing. They printed out coloring pages for my girls when they ran out. They made my daughters chocolate soy milk when the cafe was closed...with no complaint or eye rolling. My point is that there seemed to be no request too small, and they did everything to quickly fix any issues we had ASAP. I have stayed at expensive boutique hotels with service not as good as Mark's staff. Thanks to them, everytime I've stayed here has been a joy and I will return each time I am in this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott D
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Scott D,
It's great to hear from you and receive such a wonderful review. We appreciate having you as our guest each time you travel to PA, and we're glad each visit is enjoyable. I am thankful for all of your compliments about hotel and especially our staff. It's a pleasure to have you and your girls stay as our guests, and we hope to see you all again soon.
Mark DiPiazza, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing

Been to Courtyard Reading Wyomissing? Share your experiences!