“THE place to stay in Reading / Wyomissing area.”

Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hands down, this is an excellent, and in my opinion, ONLY place to stay in this area. Although it is a Courtyard Marriott (I have stayed at many) it is managed so well by Mark DiPiazza that you'd think it comparable to some major 5 star hotels I've stayed in. The hotel is immaculately clean, with a large beautiful lobby with fireplace (welcoming on those icy snowy nights in the winter). sofas, lounges and chairs, a nice computer work center, bar, and cafe. There are business conference rooms, a laundry room and workout room, and a heated indoor pool with a little waterfall and Jacuzzi feature.
Rooms have small refrigerators, coffee makers, armoire, flat screen tv with aux inputs, and a movable hideaway desk feature for expanding your workspace if need be.
I have stayed here several times, for east coast family functions, or to visit my daughters. Mark has always been extremely accommodating, and his staff has always been amazing. They printed out coloring pages for my girls when they ran out. They made my daughters chocolate soy milk when the cafe was closed...with no complaint or eye rolling. My point is that there seemed to be no request too small, and they did everything to quickly fix any issues we had ASAP. I have stayed at expensive boutique hotels with service not as good as Mark's staff. Thanks to them, everytime I've stayed here has been a joy and I will return each time I am in this area.

1  Thank Scott D
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Scott D,
It's great to hear from you and receive such a wonderful review. We appreciate having you as our guest each time you travel to PA, and we're glad each visit is enjoyable. I am thankful for all of your compliments about hotel and especially our staff. It's a pleasure to have you and your girls stay as our guests, and we hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel seems to be very new. There is a small outdoor area that could be usable in the summer. The building is nice and clean. No special amenities. Price is average. Staff is average - not particularly friendly but nothing bad either.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Andre
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Andre,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard and enjoyed your visit. Please plan to visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed here several times and it remains very clean and nice. I am not sure I would stay again as the room was very warm and I could not get it cooled down. Also the bed was very uncomfortable and it appears to be time to change out the mattresses. We did not get a good night sleep. The indoor pool and workout facility are not big but nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

brucedog,
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate having you as our guest. I apologize if your room was too warm. I'm sure if our front desk had been notified, they could have assisted in getting it cooled down for you. We appreciate your business and hope you'll continue to stay with us at Courtyard when traveling to Reading. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The kids and I tagged along on my husband's business trip to Reading. The Courtyard was the cleanest hotel in which we've ever stayed. Everything sparkled. The lobby area, complete with fireplace, was very comfortable and inviting. The room was large, and the beds were wonderful. The bathroom was large. There was plenty of storage space, mirrors, and outlets. It was very quiet. We had breakfast there in the lobby, and the price was $10 for a full breakfast with complimentary coffee and hot tea. It's across the street from the Vanity Fair outlets. You can access the outlets through a well-lighted tunnel. There is a food court there which was helpful when we were without a car. There is a restaurant, Viva, across the parking lot also. Dinner was very good. The entire family commented on what a great hotel this was. We couldn't get over the cleanliness. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cmdathome

cmdathome,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us as well as shopping at the nearby outlet. I appreciate your compliments about the cleanliness of our hotel. I'll make sure to share your comments with our staff in appreciation of their hard work. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been traveling to Reading to work at the hospital as a consultant since February 2012. Courtyard is one of 4 hotels in which I have stayed. I have been staying here 4 or 5 nights a week since September and it has definitely become my favorite place to stay in this area for a number of reasons. First, the staff are very friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. Second, the rooms are clean, quiet and very comfortable. Third, I really like the open atmosphere of the lobby and Bistro area. I have met many nice people while relaxing at the lounge after working hours. I would definitely recommend this facility to travelers considering a stay in this area.
If you are a regular traveler like myself and sign up for the hotel reward program, Marriott is also the place to be. I feel their program is more generous than some of the other hotel chains. I have already earned 4 free nights,not counting my points, since September. I will reach platinum status during Christmas week. I will continue to stay at the Marriott for as long as my engagement lasts here.

Thanks to Mark and his remarkable staff for making my time in Reading a pleasurable experience!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

daldavis,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. Having you as our guest was a pleasure and we're pleased to hear of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff as well as our clean and comfortable rooms. We hope to continue to provide excellent service and a pleasurable experience for all of your visits.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Courtyard, Wyomissing for a family function. The hotel is easy to find, and close to shopping and highways. The staff of the hotel is very accomodating--we asked for a quiet room, away from any road noise, and our request was easily honored. We also needed extra pillows, and these were brought to our room very quickly. We had a king size room with couch, sitting area, refrigerator, etc. There was a large flat screen TV, and a comfortable desk for work, which had an ethernet connection to the internet. Free wireless was also available. The beds were comfortable, and rooms were very clean and well kept. The lobby area was modern, open, and had a fireplace and nice bar. We did have breakfast in the hotel lobby, which was OK, but was not complimentary. From previous reviews, better breakfast can be had at local diners. Overall, this is a very good hotel in the area, and I would not hesitate to stay here again if I returned to the Reading-Wyomissing area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

andres i,
Thank you for your review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at Courtyard. We're glad you chose to stay with us while attending your family function, and we're happy you liked our hotel, staff, and comfortable rooms. If you do return to the Reading area, please make plans to visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel since Feb 2012 owing to my project work here in Reading,PA. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed here in Reading.I have stayed in most other hotels but the value for money is best here. Though it is costly stay here, it is really worth.
I wish they provide a better gym as only 2 tread mills and 1 elliptical machines are here. Someitmes when more people come, there is definitely a shortage of machines.

Otherwise 5 stars

Room Tip: Request for the balcony room. This is the best hotel in the Wyomissing Area in Reading,PA