“Much improved Service”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Asian Star is a lot better place than the Panda restaurant that was there before. Staff is very friendly. Food is good, hoever, the quality depends on th enumber of visitors. When were were alone there it was one of the best experiences we have ever had, but if the restaurant is fool, it is not as great as it could have been.

2  Thank niksk001

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We never liked panda heaven but when I found out they changed owners here I decided to try it again. I took my family here last week to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and we did the hibachi dinner. We had a great experience and everybody loved it. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and prices were comparable. I had family here from Philly who had hibachi down there and said that they thought the food was better and there was more of it at Asian Star. Some got sushi as appeteizers and loved it. It was a great experience and we will go back. One negative, the bathrooms are a little scary!

1  Thank cpb617
Reviewed January 11, 2013

<3 NOOOOO!!! Asian Star (former Panda Heaven) is NOT closed. Just formerly changed to a NEW ownership & management. I don't know where to start! After having multiple bad experiences at Tokyo Hibachi and Bar, I have recently took my family and I to Asian Star (former Panda Heaven). All I have to say is with the new ownership and managmement everything was FABULOUS! I was very surprised to see Head Sushi Chef Joe (from Tokyo Hibachi) at Asian Star!! Had a friendly conversation with him and was told that he is now the owner of Asian Star. The prices are really reasonable, NOT like Tokyo who over prices their menu. My children love the hibachi games, and chefs!! Extremely entertaining. I was just in tonight again for hibachi, and they now feature Thai Specials!! Had the soup and was FANTASTIC. Everyone's meal was perfectly seasoned as well! I highly recommend this place over any other in Berks County. ^_^
--#1 Happy Customer @ Asian Star

3  Thank Lucky-Me1982
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Panda Heaven closed its doors a few months ago. The food was okay, service okay, but nothing to write home about (or review)... bb

Reviewed July 20, 2012

portions were smaller than usual...felt rushed....serves hover over you too muc.