“It's Really OK”

Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Absolutely wonderful location across from good restaurants and Shops at Wyomissing. A bit hard to find just because there is no entrance off of Woodland, even though that's the address. It truly is a budget motel, but with a few tweaks it could be quite nice. Lobby and breakfast bar are fine. Desk clerks friendly. Yes, hallway carpets a bit shabby in places and some spots here and there, but the bed was comfortable and the spread, room carpet and curtains updated. They hadn't gotten around to switching out the floral, rather shabby chair, and there was no side table, but otherwise it was a well-appointed room. There was a slight musty smell from the A/C and some the wall paper was bubbling, but it was certainly better than the worst reviews suggest and perfectly acceptable for a night or two. A toilet repair was very prompt. So if you don't expect luxury or perfection, it's an OK place to stay at a really good price in a great location. Bottom line -- I'd go back, but probably would not recommend to a friend w/o lots of caveats.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you are thinking about staying here...DON"T DO IT!!!!! Dirty, dirty, dirty. The rug in our room had spots of taffy or something sticky on it. I discovered in the morning that our blanket had dried blood spots on the underside. Pillows were lumpy. The rugs throughout the hotel were filthy. The only good thing about this place was the AC, worked great. In dire need of renovation. Our reservation was for one night only, thank goodness! WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. Very nice staff. The rooms were clean. The bed was very comfy. The location was perfect to everywhere. the price was just right. We will definelty be coming back.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I have never experienced such incompetence and lack of consideration. The bathroom was grimy do I had to go to the Walmart up the street to get cleaning products. When I made the reservation, I requested a rollaway bed. Upon arriving they said they had just given the last one away and offered no resolution. As my friend and I sat in the lobby figuring out what to do, the front desk attendant received multiple complaints from other guests including a near empty and broken vending machine to rain water leaking into the room. Unfortunately I had no choice but to stay because other local
hotels were booked solid. But I would NEVER stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless I was playing a cruel joke on them.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank fabyboo
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Was looking for a hotel for one night to stay at after a wedding. This hotel was half the cost of other hotels in area. I booked it and wondered how bad it would be, and was very pleasantly surprised. Looks newly renovated. Bathroom was small and shower head was low, but the room was very clean, bed was very comfortable. Front desk clerk very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Traveling for business, needed two rooms, non-smoking, first floor, together. I made the reservations at the hotel's phone number, and the employee was extremely helpful and friendly. Our rooms were exactly what I needed and were directly across the hall from each other. They both had microwaves and refrigerators and were very clean. The bathroom is small and "dated" but worked fine and the water was very hot. It's an older building with concrete walls so the rooms were very quiet. Beds were comfortable and would stay here again if I ever travel this way again. Continental breakfast the usual, cereal, juice, bagels, donuts.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank adventureseekingram
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My wife and I had two days business in the Wyomissing area and didn't want to spend a lot for our stay.

Reading the reviews of others I almost canceled my reservation. I know it is natural to make complaints known if we have bad experiences. I tend to be the same. Glad we didn't cancel. We were looking for inexpensive in the area we were going. Because we were looking to spend less we didn't a expect big room or brand new facilities, but we did want a clean room, a decent bed and courteous service in a convenient location. All of these expectations were met. Really appreciated the friendliness of those working there.

I would recomend this hotel to those looking for the same.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RandRLehighValleyPa
ReadingManager, General Manager at Days Inn Reading Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Thanks for your comments! We really appreciated your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day!

Kathy Lemon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Reading

Been to Days Inn Reading Wyomissing? Share your experiences!