“OK Golf Course”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cool Creek Golf Club
Reviewed August 2, 2018

The course is in nice condition. Greens were in good shape but a bit slow. There are a number of negatives. Several holes run parallel to the street and the noise and moving traffic is a little distracting. There was a smoldering, very smoky, fire burning at one end of the course. On some holes the smoke was actually irritating our eyes and wasn’t very pleasant to smell. They were burning the wood from some dead trees and limbs that had been pruned. Also completely unexplainable was the total absence of any identification of the holes. If it weren’t for the GPS and some helpful Marshals we would not have known if we were playing the correct holes. It’s doubtful that I will return.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

My father came to visit, and we planned to hit some balls at the driving range with my son, since this is a public course. My dad called ahead to make sure they had junior clubs to rent for my son. We were assured that they did, so my dad drove 45 minutes. When we got to the pro shop, we were greeted by someone who appeared to be the manager, a middle aged gentleman and younger lady who were extremely rude, telling us there were no junior clubs for rent and the person on the phone didn't know what they were talking about whoever they were. They didn't apologize for the mixup, they didn't try to come up with a solution or offer clubs for sale, they were extremely short with us and not apologetic in tone in ANY way. I've never been treated so rudely at a pro shop, and neither has my father, who has frequented golf courses all over the country and internationally. We were stunned by how rude they were. We will NEVER golf here, nor will we return for their driving range. It's a shame because I moved to Wrightsville 6 months ago and planned on frequenting this club with my father.

1  Thank sggriff
Reviewed February 2, 2016

Cool Creek is a fun layout. Open and inviting on the front nine and soul-crushing on the back. In a good way. It's kept in good shape as a rule, usually the best conditions in the area. It's not a high end club, but it's a good, honest course. The 19th hole leaves a lot to be desired. Excellent wings though.

Reviewed February 2, 2016

We attended a friends birthday party here. The room is big enough to hold 100+ people but small enough to have conversations and not feel like you are stranded somewhere. The fireplace in the middle of the room is very pretty and lends to an atmosphere that is intimate any season of the year. The bathrooms are convenient to the main room and kept in very good condition. Over all , this is a great place for a party, wedding reception etc.