“Wonderful Lunch!”

John Wright Store & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Wrightsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy casual dining in a restored silk mill along the Susquehanna River. Our four seasons Dining Room, a timbered structure that extends from our building and is enclosed on three sides with glass, has a breathtaking view of the River at one of its widest points. The menus include fresh, locally produced foods which vary with the seasons. In the summertime, some are grown on the premises. The temperature controlled dining room is open for lunch, dinner, Saturday Breakfast, and Sunday brunch. If you are looking for a banquet facility for an event, please conside our newly renovated, River Room located on the second floor. Our seasonal Pizza Patio restaurant is open from May until September featuring Wood Fired Pizza's!
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just had lunch with friends. The menu was lovely--I had trouble choosing. I had the shrimp salad sandwich on Texas toast. The shrimp salad was delicately seasoned with dill and the portion was generous. I had the broccoli salad as a side. It was tasty but it could have used just a trifle more dressing. One of my friends had the crab and asparagus soup which she had me taste. It was just yummy. The only complaint we had was that the soup could have been hotter. One the whole it was a great place to have lunch.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had an awesome meal with family members. Very courteous, professional staff. Excellent food. The double cut cowboy pork chops we delicious and the applewood smoked salmon was out of this world. I have never had such good salmon in my life. And the pumpkin risotto was fabulous. Thank you so much to each and every employee of the restaurant. .

1  Thank Mwrn77
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Simply put...excellent brunch!
Good food, good vibe, good atmosphere and good value. I highly recommend,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is kind of an off putting place. It's a Giant building and makes you wonder why it's SO huge. Turns out they do events there in addition to having a store, bar and restaurant. The store is just more stuff you can find anywhere - I was hoping it would have more things conducive to Wrightsville or Pennsylvania in general - but was full of jewelry, Uggs and Brighton stuff. Skip the store. We went in to have a drink, ended up sitting at the bar just when a trio started playing - can't remember their name, but they were good and lots of fun. We met several very interesting people sitting at the bar as well. Had drinks, then decided to have an appetizer - chicken pesto skewers with parmesan peppercorn sauce - very good! We were going to leave to have dinner elsewhere but decided to eat there. I had a filet mignon with bacon/bleu cheese butter, horseradish mashed potatoes - it was good, but not the best I've ever had. Steak was a little tough and a filet should be super tender. My Husband had the ribeye and his was actually a little better than mine. The restaurant section is super cool, lots of candles and ambience. Bartender was super nice and efficient, wait staff was pretty good too - again, we sat at the bar though.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had lunch recently with window overlooking the frozen over Susquehanna River. Service was good. Our group of three ordered soup which was excellent; each of us had also ordered a sandwich which were good but the breads were very thick which made the sandwich very doughy. I would certainly eat here again but ask more questions about menu items. Luncheon salad entrees looked delicious.