“Relaxing Atmosphere, Excited to see what's next!” 3 of 5 bubbles

VIP Private Wine Tour with Lunch in Hershey from Lancaster
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Relaxing Atmosphere, Excited to see what's next!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I visited Moon Dancer Winery for the first time during the Sweet Sensations tour this past weekend. While they didn't have the gourmet chocolates that other places were pairing with their wines, we did enjoy all of the wine we tried. The location is great, with a beautiful deck and a great view. Lots of people were getting pizzas delivered, or brought their own picnics; my husband and I look forward to doing this on a weekend in the summer. We also saw signs that they will soon have their own brick oven pizza, we'll definitely come back to check that out.

Visited May 2013

Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Disappointing Sweet Sensations Event”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Well, the reviews on the view are very accurate. You can't beat the place for the view. What makes the event disappointing is how badly Moon Dancer handled the chocolate pairing with special wines. First off, we entered the villa with no one to greet us and tell us where to go. I eventually found a girl who worked there and asked her. She said go to the sample room. Went in there and stood around. There was no clear indication where to go. Everything was all happening together, the cash register, the wine samples, the sweet sensations event, everything all in one place. Finally went to the register, got my tickets and wasn't given glasses. Stood around more, looking around, then walked up to the bar and stood there. I had to get a girl's attention to get the glasses. Stood some more just waiting to be asked what wines we wanted. Another couple beside me was experiencing the same thing. Finally a girl poured us samples. I asked what Buster's Blush was made with. She nor another girl had a clue and just shrugged their shoulders. So the biggest disappointment was what was to be chocolate pairing with special wines. there was none!! Their so-called artisan dessert (as described on a news article) was Hershey Kisses!!!??? Seriously? I drove all that way, 75 miles, to experience Hershey kisses? I really don't think Moon Dancer put any thought or care into this event. Very sad since I thought this winery of all places would have had the best. We stopped at Mt. Hope winery before this and had a much nicer time there sans chocolate but at least our host knew about the wines he was pouring.
Also one of the wines I tried tasted and smelled like nail polish remover. It was horrible! Someone on here mentioned Benadryl and I have to wonder if it was the same one I tried. I had such high hopes for this event at this winery and I'm very sad that it didn't turn out as expected. I hope you read your reviews and make great changes.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank courtrep45
PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Beautiful and relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been here several times and have enjoyed myself each time. The view of the hillside and Susquehanna River is so pretty as you sit on the patio or lawn. We have brought picnic dinners to share as we sit and talk with friends. I am not a wine connoisseur so I can't say whether the wines are wonderful or not. We typically buy one or two bottles and sip as we relax with friends. I have read the reviews where some have had brown or cloudy chardonnay, but we have not had that problem. I guess I really like it here because of the peaceful atmosphere. Maybe if I came for just the wine, which is why most would be drawn to a winery, I wouldn't have rated it 4 stars.

Visited July 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Sooooo busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was here with a few people as part of a wine festival weekend that involved about 11 wineries from the surrounding area so naturally I expected it to be busy. However, I did not expect it to be as packed as it was. There were obviously several functions going on that day and they were pushed to the max. The tour that we received as part of the wine festival was really nice and educational. The snacks were very good. So that part was really nice. The tasting room was filled to the brim and we waited about 20 minutes before someone got to us (again, not a big deal). The wine was decent/good but we decided not to buy any bottles. They were setting up for a wedding outside and the patio was packed with people listening to a girl singing. There was also a group of high school students there (at a winery?) to take pictures for Homecoming. I'm assuming that one of the kids belonged to the owner of the winery which would explain why there were minors present. Again, not a big deal. I would definitely visit again when they are not as busy and we can relax and with a glass of wine after our tasting.

Visited October 2012
South Haven, Michigan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Stopped on the way to VA”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stopped with a group of friends, we love hitting wineries on our trips. The women, who like sweet wine and not drys, said they were OK nothing great. Their Merlot and Chardonnay were not OK, never tasted a Merlot like that, as someone else commented, medicine taste. The building and views though are fantastic.

Visited September 2012