“Good place for lunch with friends.”

Duke's Bar and Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The atmosphere here is what sells the place, the food is good if you know what to order. There is outdoor seating and a large indoor space to accommodate crowds. This also lets you actually talk to your friends. I recommend the crab pretzels on the appetizer menu that is big enough for a meal. The burgers and personal pizzas are quite large. I ended up ordering the sourdough burger and it was decent but probably not too healthy for you. Expect to spend 10-15 dollars for a lunch time meal. Service will be slow when the Harrisburg Senators have a home game.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were at Duke's on 6/16 for a 3:00 Father's Day lunch. We sat outside. The first thing that went wrong was when the server brought a container holding wet silverware. She pulled the needed pieces out of the container and dropped, yes dropped them and some napkins on the table. When my daughter's salad arrived, most of the lettuce was old and brown. The server never asked why it was untouched. We had to finally put it in her hand to get her to carry it oss of the overcrowded table. My daughter ordered a steak Very Well Done. When it arrived it was red inside. The server said I told them well done. Well, it was ordered very well done. Either way, it should not have been red. She sent it back. This time it came back pinkish red, sent back again. This time it came back burnt with the comment that the cook said he couldn't get it any more done. The vegetables that were on her plate had been on her plate the entire time so they were cold and dry. Needless to say, she picked at the few pieces of steak that were edible and nothing else. She told the server that she did not want to pay for this, so she did remove it. It took a very long time to get the check. The table next to us seemed to have a bad experience. I heard the same server apologizing to them over and over. We were looking forward to this meal because in the past this was a fun place to dine. No more.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Started the evening with a group of friends. We had two tables. Experience:
1) Slow in service - long wait time for all orders.
2) Dont remember orders, have to reorder
3) Dirty Silverware - it is harden on the soup spoon provided wrap around in a napkin like it is high end but come to discover it was dirty
4) Waitress pour hot sauce on my shirt by accident. Did not apologize and accuse me of causing the accident. She pour it behind my back.
5) I would not trust this restaurant for corporate lunch or dinner.
6) Check out the pic for the stain.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Started the evening with a group of friends. We had two tables. Experience:
1) Slow in service - long wait time for all orders.
2) Dont remember orders, have to reorder
5) I would not trust this restaurant for corporate lunch or dinner.
6) Check out the pic for the stain.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We attended a wedding in Harrisburg over Memorial weekend and walked around the town and riverfront market. There were plenty of traders with a great variety of goods to sell. We ventured over the bridge and asked a family who were going to a baseball game if they could recommend a restaurant.They thought Dukes Restaurant would be the best choice. We entered a rather dark reception area and were offered a table in the restaurant near the entrance, or in a conservatory, or on the open-air deck level overlooking the river.
Our waitress was pleasant, efficient and suggested items from the menu. The meal was enormous and the beer was good. Lots of families and young people seem to enjoy this place!
When we left we saw boat sailing up the river with firework display from the stadium lighting up the sky. Perfect end to a lovely weekend where we felt comfortable and safe.