“Slow Service, Dirty Silverware, Mediocre food, Careless waitress”

Duke's Bar and Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Started the evening with a group of friends. We had two tables. Experience:
1) Slow in service - long wait time for all orders.
2) Dont remember orders, have to reorder
3) Dirty Silverware - it is harden on the soup spoon provided wrap around in a napkin like it is high end but come to discover it was dirty
4) Waitress pour hot sauce on my shirt by accident. Did not apologize and accuse me of causing the accident. She pour it behind my back.
5) I would not trust this restaurant for corporate lunch or dinner.
6) Check out the pic for the stain.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We attended a wedding in Harrisburg over Memorial weekend and walked around the town and riverfront market. There were plenty of traders with a great variety of goods to sell. We ventured over the bridge and asked a family who were going to a baseball game if they could recommend a restaurant.They thought Dukes Restaurant would be the best choice. We entered a rather dark reception area and were offered a table in the restaurant near the entrance, or in a conservatory, or on the open-air deck level overlooking the river.
Our waitress was pleasant, efficient and suggested items from the menu. The meal was enormous and the beer was good. Lots of families and young people seem to enjoy this place!
When we left we saw boat sailing up the river with firework display from the stadium lighting up the sky. Perfect end to a lovely weekend where we felt comfortable and safe.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went here on a vacation to Hershey, it was one of the first hot days of the year and we got to sit outside with just a little bit of a wait, which was expected since we went around diner time on a Saturday. I had ordered a Pina Colada which was absolutely delicious, one of the best I have ever had. The food was decent, not amazing but not horrible. The view was great and overall was a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice deck, nice staff, average food. Dukes has a nice large deck so we only had a short wait for a table outside. We were able to find several stools outside by the bar while we waited. I love the crab pretzels served at another local restaurant so decided to try it there. It had oil dripping. Would not order again even though its said to be a speciality here. The chicken parmigiana my husband ordered was plentiful, but only average in quality. Will still go back though, since enjoy the large deck overlooking the river on a warm evening.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I tried this place twice. First, it is a nice water-side bar. Easy to get to and plenty of parking across the street. It is a large place with plenty of seating. I went on week nights and did not have to wait on either night. Love the palm tree idea, really adds to tropical feel.

The restaurant seems to have a lot of wait staff but I didn't get a sense that it was a tight run operation. A lot of standing around and talking by the staff.

As long as you expect bar food (Duke's Bar & GRILLE after all), the food is fine. The first trip I ordered the French onion sliced beef skillet. Yuk. It was like nuked roast beef with powdered French onion soup mix on top. The waitress had advised it was her favorite. Really? I will say that others appeared to be enjoying their food - mostly burgers and salads looked appealing. The 2nd trip I order the Tuscan Turkey Sandwich. It came are out freshly made, hot and was tasty. I wished the turkey would have been "real" and not the processed kind and this would have made it a GREAT sandwich, The seasoned fries were good.

The place has a nice, easy going vibe, relaxing (almost tropical) atmosphere, and a great bar. Seating inside (in AC) still has great water view seats and they have great outdoor deck seating. If they could step the food up a notch it would be a great restaurant as well as a great bar.