“Great deck otherwise average”

Duke's Bar and Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I frequent this place mainly because we like the Regular Fries w/cheese sauce. The service is usually good, the food is average and the portions are decent. As one of a trio of restaurants on the river in Wormleysburg (same owner) this in our view is 2nd best.

The most outstanding feature of this restaurant is the massive deck and view of the river. We are not big deck fans but a good portion of the inside dining area offers essentially the same view of the river. We arrive early so we do not experience the problems some posters have have had in arriving when it is busy.

In terms of the food, it is good but not exceptional. I had a ham and cheese on a pretzel roll and my wife had a club sandwich on our last visit. The H&C on the roll was tasty. As with all of the sandwiches it came with a choice of potato salad, coleslaw or chips. I chose the coleslaw. It was good as it had a bit of a vinegary taste not the usual sickening sweet coleslaw you usually get. My wife had a club sandwich. While huge it had a disproportionate amount of weeds and a limited amount of cheese vs meat in the sandwich.

The wine is overly priced but then again that is the trend these days.

Our server on this occasion was exceptional. We have never received bad service contrary to the experience of some posters.

In summary, this remains one of our go to places as we like to support local businesses rather than the chain enterprises.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We go there every year and always enjoy the outdoor seating, the view, the food and the service.
I had the French Onion Soup and 1/2 Turkey Club and both were great. The balance of our fiends enjoyed their meals going from the meatloaf sandwich to very good desert. They have added a large number of micro beers and the only sad it the wine list has gone down hill.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I thought we would take in the nice weather and grab lunch at Duke's and sit on theie deck. We ordered our food, ate, and got our bill. That was it as our waitress never came to see how we were or if we needed anything. While there I observed other waitresses bouncing from table to table taking care of their customers. Never again, I will not spend my money there and I will also tell all of my friends and family to avoid the place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is OK. The view is fantastic. The parking can be difficult. Grest place for after work get togethers.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Let's see we waited for 45 minutes to get a table, while we watched other people that came in after us get a seat! Maybe they had reservations....When the hostess seated a couple she asked if they could be done with dinner in an hour because the table was already reserved! That was a shocker! Michelle was excellent, attentive to our requests.....if you get cold easily don't sit in the glass enclosure unless you like to be cold. The parking was a little crowded, getting in/out of the resturant door was a challenge, I watched a lady w/ a walker get stuck on 2 rugs as she struggled in through the narrow doorway,(the short blonde hostess just stood at her appointed post & watched dumbly) you can probably forget about wheelchairs unless they have a different entrance!