“Fun atmosphere - food is ok”
Review of Dockside Willies

Dockside Willies
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Visited this cool little bar, restaurant, pizza joint today (Saturday afternoon) along the river. Lots of people just relaxing grabbing some lunch or a drink. Greeted by a an open like kitchen with a wood burning pizza oven - had great hopes. Server was really nice, gave us our time to talk before ordering so we werent rushed as the busy restaurant would have suggested. Ordered River rocks, they were ok, definitely homeade but nothing great - surprise little deep fried rolls with either sausage or cheese or meatballs in them, you really dont know what one you are getting until you bit it (i suppose I would recommend them since they were fresh). Had a dockside willies ultimate deep dish pizza, was really looking forward to trying one for the first time. I was quite disappointed - tasted like canned tomatoes, little cheese, not really hot, toppings were essentally non existent as the tomato sauce flavor and crust was about all you can taste. Matter of fact there were pieces of chicken in my pizza which i dont recall listed on the menu. Anyhow, it was eatable and fine just not what i was hoping for. Watching them deliver hamburgers to other tables made us wish we got those instead, looked great. Overall this was a fun local place to stop, most definitely better in the summer with the large deck. Go for fun not necessarily for food (at least that pizza). Again, service was 5 star.

There are newer reviews for Dockside Willies

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I thought this place was great, I love the view, our waitress was very efficient. Food was good and the prices were reasonable. I read some of the other reviews, I guess I got lucky for it wasn't packed and I would go back. I got the pretzel sandwich and England Clam chowder soup and both were very good. Plan on going back some time and trying the cheese steak pizza. There are so many things on the menu, just choosing a drink, we had to make the waitress give us more time cause there was so many choices.
If I was going to make any complaints, and to me this is a small one, I got a dirty banana, and I have had better, but it could have been worse, I chalk it up to the fact every place makes drinks different, and I have had ones that were better, but I did think for the type of drink it was, the price of it wasn't bad. Just think when i went back, it would be a different drink I would get.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to have lunch and had mixed feelings about going based on the reviews. I am SO glad we decided to try them out. The menu has so many options for any taste and the drink menu is 2 pages long! We ordered and while we were waiting the trays of food going by us looked so delicious! They serve nice generous portions. I have to say that everyone in my party throughly enjoyed their meals. Our server was Taylor. Not only was she super sweet but she was on top of everything. Being on the water was very cool and we really enjoyed the view as we ate. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Other than the piazza there is not much to like here food wise. The beer is cold. The service is amazingly uneven. Some nights the bar tenders ignore the customers. Other times the service is good.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Dockside has a fantastic tiered deck and is a beutiful place to eat outside in the warm weather. Beware and be patient because it gets very busy and the wait staff hussle to give good service. I eat at DWs about 6 times/year and like it indoors too. The view of the Susquehanna River adds ambiance if your table is close to the windows.
The menu is large and offers anything and everything you could want for casual dining. I have visited with a small group (read the other review...too bad) of 7 and had no problem. I guess our grp was smaller. A couple of weeks ago, I was treated to Boss's day and tried a pasta dish. It was good and the serving was hearty. Another favorite is the strawberry -walnut salad...love it! The onion rings are huge, very good as are the burgers and pizza, and crab pretzel. They serve alcohol too.
Overall, a good place to eat and prices are reasonable. Fun for groups, family and dates.