“great view”
Review of RockBass Grill

RockBass Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

this place had a beautiful view right on the river and nice outside deck and seating. The food was very very good. Our drinks were pretty good... the martinis are a bit too sugary for my taste (i tried 3 dif ones) but they werent bad. The service however... not a single person we came into contact with seemed like they wanted to be there or help us except for the young girls working the host stand. I think they should hire new wait staff...

There are newer reviews for RockBass Grill

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had the fresh catch of the day, seabass. Yum, cooked perfectly. The salad and bread was also very good. Excellent service and the view of the river wonderful.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a dinner before going to a soccer game on City Island. The iced tea was very good. Had rolls with cinnamon butter and hush puppies before a meal. I had a chicken caesar wrap. Was good but needed more dressing. Wife got a club wrap which was very good. The fries were really good too. Nice view of the river and friendlier waiter.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for drinks. Waited 10 minutes for the bartender because mu buddy WILL wait that long. Finally showed up, but the employees ALL LOOKED UNHAPPY. Probably won't return.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was in the area for the MECUM car auctions with two friends for a weekend road-trip. When we checked into our hotel one in our party insisted we sample the local cuisine (I wanted to go to the nearby Bone Fish Grill). The hotel recommended Rock Bass as one of the finer area restaurants. It was late on Friday afternoon (actually about 5 PM) but we got reservations for 7 PM. I actually checked Trip Advisor and while the reviews were not a total bust, I had the feeling that this was going to be hit or miss.

We found that GSP devices just don’t like Pennsylvania, but eventually we found the location. It’s a nice place on the river across from the State House. We checked in and were told there was a 30 minute wait for outside seating, so we opted for an inside booth with a window view of the river. Then we waited. And we waited. Eventually a waiter showed up. His name tag should have said “I don’t want to be here. Please shoot me” and he was unshaven. Really? High end place? Um…OK. So we ordered our drinks. And we waited. And we waited. This place was half full. Finally a cocktail waitress brought over two beers, and went back for the PEPSI. Thirst quenched. Eventually we were given a basket of bread (which was good) with two bread plates and a wet saucer (because apparently in a half empty restaurant there were no more bread plates).

We ordered two appetizers of Oyster Rockefellers. Each plate contained four large oysters covered in what looked like a tasty spinach sauce. However, whoever shucked the oysters could not be bothered to remove the rather large pieces of shells that were left in all the oysters and then covered with the sauce. I’m not talking small pieces, but good size shells that were not very pleasant if you bit into them (which I did on the first bite). I ended with a pile of them on the side of my plate. I am from New England so I know a lot about shucking and eating shellfish. The dish was also lukewarm when it should have been piping hot. This was just a lazy job.

We ordered a second round of drinks and after one reminder they finally arrived. We ordered our entrees. I got the stuffed flounder, one friend got the New York sirloin, and the other was enticed by a passing order of fish and chips and the mammoth size piece of fish, so he ordered that. The steak was very dry and bite size. My stuffed flounder (small piece) had all the appeal and flavor of a frozen entrée. This was a mass produced item, I would think. The fish and chips had a giant piece of fish that had been kept in the fryer too long. The shell had all the dexterity of Kevlar and the fish was overcooked. We opted out of desert, had a few coffees, and we were on our way. The one saving grace to an otherwise disappointing meal was that as we walked to the car a fireworks display began by the State House, and it looked great from our river vantage point. I told my friend the next time we take a road trip he can do the local high end/high price cuisine. Just drop me off at Bone Fish or a sports bar and if that fails, a Wendy's will do. My palate can wait.

3  Thank Gwijie