“Where's the Chef??” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of RockBass Grill

RockBass Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Where's the Chef??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

To start off, this is a fantastic location for a seafood restaurant on the banks of the Susquehanna River. We have treasured memories of our meals here when it was Catalano's. We have had fun times with friends and family as it is now as Rockbass. However, service and food the last few times has left us wondering.
Our last dining experience left us knowing it will be our last. We had made a reservation for a party of 4 and arrived exactly on time. We were told we could wait at the bar "or on the couches" as our table was not ready yet....only to look in and see MANY tables available. We got seated, met our server, ordered our drinks, received them, and from there it was downhill.
We placed our order (no out of the ordinary requests) and then waited well over an hour to receive our entrees. In between, one dinner salad arrived, then a very well done order of something that was supposed to be fried oysters came to the table separately (that should have been a clue of trouble).
Our server came by and kept telling us our dinners would arrive "soon" which by then we said we'd like to see the manager to question further. All we got was the assistant manager who vowed the dinners would be arriving. Finally, our entrees came.....not hot and fresh, but like they had been sitting in a corner of the kitchen. Two of the diners decided to eat, even though it wasn't hot, just because they were so hungry by then. Two others were sent back, one refused a substitution and the other got a somewhat edible replacement. Many apologies, but much too late to placate our frustration.
We never saw the manager....thinking he/she was back doing the cooking and NOT the chef!!
These other responders should think twice about their next visit....it's sadly going downhill.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“RockBass Grill Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant provides one with every thing a meal experience should - quality food, quality service and a quality view.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad Experience TWICE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I will admit that the ambiance of this restaurant is great, however, the service was unacceptably slow on both of my visits. On my last visit, and I do mean my LAST, took about 25 minutes to get the drinks and when the waitress came back to take our food order, she handed us a hand written list of the fish that was on the menu for the day and walked away. 15 minutes later she returned and when we asked her to elaborate on her note, she asked "what don't you understand?" I don't have time to tell ALL the details of the evening but my Blackened Tilapia had so much salt on it that I could barely eat it. I DID eat it because by the time I finally got it I was so hungry that I was afraid it would take another 50 minutes to get it re-cooked. I wrote the management a letter describing my experience but I felt that I should also add a comment here because I CAN"T be the only person that has experienced this poor service. Or maybe they are deleting the bad comments and writing their own good ones. I don't know!

Brogue, Pennsylvania
“Best place to eat in the Harrisburg area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The dining experience was exquisite in every way. The view of the river in the setting sun is relaxing. The waitress was knowledgeable about everything . They had just initiated some summer additions to the menu. The mussels in a coconut sauce were the best I ever had. I'll return just to enjoy that again. The mussels along with steamed clams and a salmon salad made a perfect dinner meal. The restaurant was packed on a Friday evening, so make reservations or arrive early.

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Seafood - Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is one of our favorite places in the Harrisburg area for really good seafood.
There are lots of great appetizer choices but the Calamari is always tender and delicious and a must have for us.. And, they always have a good selection of very fresh Oysters from a variety of sources for a nice half-shell treat. Size and flavor varies from one source to another so be sure to get the details before you order so you get the kind you prefer..
They always have a selection of fresh fish options that can be prepared in a variety of ways and I have never been disappointed. Their Crab Cakes are as good as I have found anywhere. Big chunks of backfin Chesapeake Blue Crab, not some cheap Indonesian crabmeat. They know how to do them without breaking up the nice big chunks. Great flavor - the real deal - not a lot of filler like some restaurants.
The waitstaff appears to be very well trained and are always quite helpful and pleasant.
And, speaking of pleasant, if the weather is nice the outside seating on the deck overlooking the Susquehanna River is about as good as it gets!
This is not a cheap dining experience but our food has always been well prepared, the menu is extensive, and the portions are generous. A good value all things considered.