“Excellent Seafood - Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of RockBass Grill

RockBass Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Seafood - Excellent Service”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is one of our favorite places in the Harrisburg area for really good seafood.
There are lots of great appetizer choices but the Calamari is always tender and delicious and a must have for us.. And, they always have a good selection of very fresh Oysters from a variety of sources for a nice half-shell treat. Size and flavor varies from one source to another so be sure to get the details before you order so you get the kind you prefer..
They always have a selection of fresh fish options that can be prepared in a variety of ways and I have never been disappointed. Their Crab Cakes are as good as I have found anywhere. Big chunks of backfin Chesapeake Blue Crab, not some cheap Indonesian crabmeat. They know how to do them without breaking up the nice big chunks. Great flavor - the real deal - not a lot of filler like some restaurants.
The waitstaff appears to be very well trained and are always quite helpful and pleasant.
And, speaking of pleasant, if the weather is nice the outside seating on the deck overlooking the Susquehanna River is about as good as it gets!
This is not a cheap dining experience but our food has always been well prepared, the menu is extensive, and the portions are generous. A good value all things considered.

• Visited June 2013

York Haven, Pennsylvania
“Return trip for a special occaision, great again”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here Memorial Day to celebrate my wife's birthday. Nice afternoon so we decided to dine outside. Umbrella table with a view of the river, pretty nice. Server Brad was excellent. Attentive but not too much to be a bother. Both had fish, mahi mahi & sea bass with some sides, dinners were both great. Had desserts-key lime pie and a strawberry cake that was a huge piece. Overall we could not have been more pleased with our dinner out.

Tamaqua, PA
“Nice Casual Dining with a View”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This restaurant sits right on the river so you have a very nice view with the option to eat indoors (lots of seating) or outdoors. If you eat outdoors, on the one side of the deck you're exactly 10" away from a very casual bar (Dockside Willies) so it does spoil the ambiance if you're looking for a nice romantic dinner. The menu was quite varied and the crab dip was a "do not miss". If you go there, I'd say just about anyone could find something to eat, so that's good for bigger groups.

Other items were good, but the Mahi Mahi fresh fish special wasn't as fresh as you'd find at someplace like the Oceanaire. Overall, given the few dining choices in the Harrisburg area, I'd go again.

This place is very nice casual dining, but with tv's in the bar/dining area and Dockside Willies attached, it's not upscale.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Top view and ambitious seafood menu”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took a large group here for lunch and they were very accommodating. I have driven past here many times but not gone inside and I was surprised at how modern and professionally decorated it was. The menu here is huge, it truly has something for everyone. Our group ate everything from the focaccia appetizer and crab dip, to entrees including the club sandwich, chicken wrap, seafood mac & cheese, crab imperial and salmon cooked your way. The salads were fresh and crisp. Homemade stewed tomatoes? Who makes those anymore??!! Everyone raved about their selection and many of us had enough to take home left-overs. The fresh bread and sweet butter were a topic of conversation at the table, along with the creative serving of hush puppies we all fawned over. Our waitstaff was very attentive and kept glasses filled and was timely with her take-away boxes and the bill. I enjoyed it so much, I went back a few days later and had the pretzel braid with crab dip and ate my friend's stewed tomatoes. I am already planning my next trip to eat the fresh oysters. I highly recommend this place-happy eating!!

Visited April 2013
“Nice place, good staff, great view.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food was not a knockout. Mahi Mahi was a tad dry but all else was good. The atmosphere was great and I really had a nice night out with my wife here. Furnishings were very comfortable and decor was tasteful. Grace our waitress was top notch. I will return and try the turf instead of the surf next time. There are a bunch of restaurants in this area and there is plenty of parking. Do watch out for pedestrians as they come from many directions in this area.