“Disappointing”
Review of RockBass Grill

RockBass Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

4 adults and 2 small children in our group. We arrived before the place filled up but it was packed by the time we left. It took more than an hour from the time we placed our dinner order until the food showed up. It was pretty obvious that 5 of the 6 dinners had sat under heat lamps for quite some time. The fish was dried out, there were crusts on the kid's dinners and this writer's. One dinner was just right but 1 out of 6 is poor performance.

This was our second - and last - visit to the RockBass Grill. Our first experience was poor but we gave it another chance. Things got worse so we won't be back and we won't recommend it for anyone else.

1  Thank Edd R

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Situated along the Susquehanna river the view and the menu is worth the trip. From fresh Seafood to Steaks the way you lime them one of my favorite resturants..A good place to take
that special someone..don't miss it.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Three restaurants owned by the same owners on the same street and yet they are so different. I have not been in RockBass for several years. On my first visit I swore that I would never return-the service was so bad. Five of us sat together the first time comparing notes about the service. But everyone deserves a second chance. Last night I sat at the bar near some of Harrisburg's movers and shakers (I know of them). The bar tender was ok but not the friendliest person. But the real problem was another female employee (job ?) who spent most of her time keeping the bar tender from doing her work by complaining about everyone in the world. These comments were filled with many comments that would make many people blush. In other places that I go guests are told once not to use that language or they are asked to leave. Here is a staff person speaking loudly enough for all to hear. Some one in management needs to get her under control in this expensive restaurant. OK. That's off my chest.
The room for the bar is very attractive. The decor is an old fashioned boat with windows overlooking the Susquehanna River. My salad was very very delicious. I would like to return.

1  Thank Courthouse067
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Awesome seats on the deck provided us with a view of the river as we ate. Food was excellent! I had the Parmesan crusted tuna and the boyfriend had the steam pot. Both were amazing and reasonably priced. If in the Harrisburg area, definitely check this place out!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

On a Saturday evening, with a reservation thru Open Table arrived at 515pm. Greeter/hostess Norelle was less than friendly at our arrival. When she headed to the tables in the bar area, I asked if we could be seated in the dining area. She was not pleased. We were shown to a booth where I told her that I appreciated the change, she simply walked away. I thought she might be having a bad night until I saw her joking with her co-workers. Our waitress, Ashley made up for the initial greeting. She smiled and was extremely pleasant. She told us of the specials and offered to get us an appetizer while we decided. We ordered the calamari. It was wonderful except for the babies. I should have asked to not have them included. She took our wine order and generously assisted me with making my choice. After placing our drink order, we ordered the two salmon entrees from the menu. Our meals were generous to say the least. The flavor of the salmon was awesome! Best I've had at a restaurant in a long time. We will most certainly return and I'll be better prepared for where we'd like to sit and a possible cold greeting. In total, our meal with tip was about $85.00. Not bad for a high-end restaurant. We were leaving by 615pm. Good service, good food, highly recommended.