“Quite friendly place”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of RockBass Grill

RockBass Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite friendly place”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I went to Rockbass Grill with my wife, infant son, and mother-in-law. The restaurant has pleasant views of the Susquehanna River, an good sized wine list, a variety of seafood, and a professional staff. They also have a customer friendly method for ordering, allowing you to order a variety of fish cooked the method of your choice. I was surprised to find a restaurant this far inland that knew how to handle seafood.

The calamari was cooked correctly (not turned to rubber), had a variety of sizes of squid. I had blackened trout: the fish was well cooked, the mango salsa was well done, the seasoning was unfortunately only slightly spicy. My wife was feeling adventurous and initially ordered soft shell crab sliders. She took one bite, declared it too strange, and flagged down the waiter. He confided that he thought them odd, asked her what she'd like instead. She was much happier with their fish & chips, though the portion size was obscenely large. My mother-in-law was quite happy with her salmon in dill butter. They were also quite accommodating in preparing a side of just steamed vegetables for our son. My wife and mother-in-law enjoyed their cake as well.
The highlight of the meal was the staff, they were very friendly, seemed to enjoy interacting with us, and didn't flee at sight of an infant.

• Visited October 2012

“Top notch seafood”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The best seafood in Harrisburg with a scenic location along the river. The cost is not cheap, but if you don't mind paying for fantastic food, you will love this place.

Visited February 2012
“too loud!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

There was a lot of noise at this place! The food was a little over priced for what it was.... Some of the worse ribs I ever put in my mouth. But I am used to "GOOD" ribs too, so that might be why I didnt like theirs. I can tell that they were nuked and maybe even steamed. The food was otherwise bland. Just not much to write home about.

Visited August 2012
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I travel to Harrisburg for monthly business meetings. I like to stop at the RockBass Grill for dinner. The restaurant sits right on the western shore of the picturesque Susquehanna River. The menu is extensive, making it difficult to decide what to order. Since I'm a creature of habit, I usually opt for the fresh sea bass which the chef will prepare to your choice of broiled, fried, grilled, baked, or pan seared. The sea bass has always been moist and flaky with great taste. They also have a large selection of raw oysters and other appetizers. The service is great, the atmosphere is great and the food is delicious. If you like seafood, this is your restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
St. Louis, MO
“Pretty good food, great service”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a very enjoyable meal. Fun appetizers (PA Dutch soft pretzel with crab), wonderful local trout, perfectly cooked, huge portions, very reasonable prices. Our server was outstanding. She knew the menu, very attentive, and friendly. We'd go back.

• Visited September 2012