“Adequate”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wormleysburg
Ediinburgh
“Adequate”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

You get what you pay for and that's not much. The location could be better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Richland, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2012

my family and i booked a room from econo lodge 860 n front street in wormleyburg pa it was horrible there were no sheets on the beds ppl smoking cigs and pot in the hall ways we couldnt use the toilet becasue it was clogged out alarm clock didnt keep time and the breakfast consisted of muffins two piece's of bread and water then when we asked the where the breakfast was the hindu lady freaked the hell out of us we had 5ppl in our room with 1 towel and 1 rag and they refused to give us more and the worst part of it is my daughter husband and i got attacked by bed bugs i insist DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Erica M
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I booked through Choice Hotels website without checking reviews on Advisor. When will I learn??? Chose Econo Lodge because of location and thought I'd save a few dollars. "Lobby" was more like a hallway, dirty carpet which smelled slightly of urine. Stars to second floor hadn't been cleaned in a while. Hallway had a different odor than the lobby. Room didn't have an odor, but had been used for years. Very small bathroom with poor lighting. We couldn't get the show to work because we didn't pull hard enough on tub control. Chain for toilet float broke. On/Off button of TV remote didn't work.
While I was checking in another customer mentioned something about noise from train, but we didn't notice any on Saturday night.
Spend an extra $25 for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I picked this place because it's cheap and just across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg. It's an Econolodge, so I wasn't expecting much. Overall, I would say that I got what I paid for (that is, a safe place to hang my hat for a night).
My main complaint is the noise. I stayed on the upper level and it sounds like the floor is hollow and another floor was suspended above the actual one. Consequently, every step made A LOT of noise and causes vibrations that make the place feel like it's shaking. That's even in the hallway. So, when someone walks down the hallway in the early AM hours, it has the potential of waking you up. When someone speaks in the hallway, you hear it clearly. The other guests who were here during my stay were generally quiet, but I would imagine staying here with kids around would be intolerable. Also, when your neighbor flushes the toilet, it sounds like the toilet in your own room is flushing...times 100. It's very loud. The room was dirtier than I am used to. One of my towels had a black spot, there were blonde hairs all over one of my blankets and what appeared to be a spot of cigarette ashes on the floor (I do not smoke and booked a non-smoking room). Overall, it's not all-out grubby-gross. Just worse than I'm used to, even for a budget motel. The mattress was clean and no signs of creepy crawlies. In-room frig did not work (and, yes, I checked to make sure it was turned on).
What did I like? I thought my mattress was comfortable. The bathroom itself was very clean. Free wi-fi. The person at the front desk (young Indian woman) was pleasant. A/C worked very well on a muggy summer day.
For the amount paid, if more attention could be paid to cleanliness, this could be a deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lemongrrl
Springfield, VA
Reviewed July 11, 2011

OK, the staff was pleasant enough and the $10 fee for pets was great, but this place is a dump. The room smelled. The room was dirty. The beds were uncomfortable. We had an outside door to our room but I noticed that the door to one of the stairwells was propped open by an empty beer can. The free breakfast consisted of bread (for toast if you wished) and a few muffins. If I happen to be back in the area again, I'm staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kbrock6406
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Let me start with the likes:
Shower had amazing water pressure
Quick and easy access to the city
I left my necklace there and they held it for me and were honest about it.
Dominoes delivers to your room

Dislikes:
The over all appearance, there were boards on the windows of what I believe to be the old restaurants and is in horrible condition. Did not give a safe feel
Was not greeted immediately and stood awkwardly in the tiny lobby.
There was an odor that linger in the lobby and hallways.
Stairwell dimly lit and not cared for.
The building was under construction and hallway was cluttered of supplies.
The room was absolutely gross. It was not cleaned before we arrived and the dust was thick. They bath room was tiny and not cleaned. There was a dirty wash cloth hanging in the bathroom from the previous guest. Would be difficult to have more than one person at a time... not recommended for people with children!
The room was stuffy and had a slight odor.
The bed was uncomfortable and had a smell of the room.
The bathroom was in poor condition and I understand why they were remodeling!!!
The carpet was stained.

I am a junior in college and I keep my dorm cleaner than this room. I was greatly dissatisfied. I made the reservation online and it claimed that there were only two rooms vacant.... it was a ghost town. I do however respect their honesty with my necklace. I called and the receptionist said he will but it aside until I can return to retrieve it. I don't know if many places would have done so!! I recommend you spend a little more or not be as close to the city for a better hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Youngsville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2010

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!! The smell in the hallways makes a horse barn seem fragrant (my apologies to horses everywhere) One of the stairway banister rails was completely detached from the wall. The carpets reeked of mildew, the towels were dingy and smelled. The 'continental' breakfast consisted of two glazed doughnuts, three small muffins and three pieces of VERY old white bread that were dried and hard as bricks. The juice machine contained two dispensers of cold water and one dispenser of Hawaiian Punch...MMMMMM, yummy!!
When we asked for a receipt (business trip) we got the 'stinkeye' from the desk clerk who stared at us like we were robbing them. Don't believe the pictures they've posted on the internet. This place is nothing like that. The restaurant is closed and in shambles. The breakfast area is the size of a closet with 3 tables & chairs placed around the front lobby. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank OldFarmCandles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wormleysburg
Comfort Inn Riverfront
Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
#14 of 50 in Harrisburg
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!