“Highly recommended”

Zacharias Creek Side Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Zacharias Creek Side Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am so pleased by Zacharia's Creek Side Cafe (BYOB) restaurant, I don't know where to start. Like so many suburban restaurants there is ample parking in a shopping center. Zacharia's is easily entered with an inviting facade through an outdoor dining area. I absolutely love the modern, appealing, bright decor. This artistic atmosphere set the mood for a meal so good that the patron is engaged at every level.
Afer sitting, we received a tasty rustic bread with a delicious olive pureed in olive oil dip. Following that, the appetizer, caprese, was fresh and savory. I had to try the mushroom soup that was described to me by the polite, friendly server. it was exceptional, with an exotic, wild mushroom taste. My wife ordered crab cakes and I, the swordfish steak that was the night's special. My entree` was of such a quality and a satisfying taste it would easily suit a 5 star New York or continental carriage house at twice the price. Closing off, this masterpiece meal, was simply the most delicious, memorable dessert that I ever ate. It was a creamy savory cream concoction wrapped in a soft, chocolate-based pastry shell. I simply cannot say enough to express my delight with this wonderful, professionally run, absolute gem of a restaurant. I expect to be back so much that the entire staff and ownership will know me by my first name.

5  Thank sjs4711

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The restaurant is lovely. The owner/host is gracious and welcoming. The menu is a problem only because there are so many wonderful choices, especially having been here before and knowing how very, very good the food is. The portions are plentiful (we should have remembered to share an appetizer, and we took some of the entree home). It's a BYOB, and once again I have to comment on the unique and lovely glassware and dishes. It's a wonderful addition to the Lansdale/Skippack dining scene. HIGHLY recommended!

4  Thank TFQ
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This cafe, which has a very casual atmosphere in a nondescript shopping mall strip, features an eclectic menu of very gourmet dishes reminiscent of much more formal restaurants. The food was excellent and the service attentive. It is BYOB, so that was about the only downside (and not so much of one as long as you plan ahead).

4  Thank Brian T
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I received a gift certificate from one of my clients to this restaurant so I thought I would try it out. The atmosphere is very nice. We sat next to the fireplace. It seemed very clean and well taken care of. We went very early for dinner so there were not many diners. We decided to order off the fixed price menu. My Mom had a lovely Cesar salad. I got the antipasti meat selection. I wasn't thrilled with it but then that might have been a personal taste matter. The selection of appetizers wasn't great, mostly cheese. My Mom got the salmon entre, it was over cooked and dry. Also her horseradish potatoes weren't mixed very well, some bites way to strong some bland. I got the filet mignonette which was minuscule and way over done. Mom's brûlée was over torched. My desert was good, some kind of apple pastry.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The menu made our mouth water; it sounded like a great interesting place for dinner. We called for reservations, something this BYOB recommends. I started with the Roasted Pumpkin Pear Bisque topped with crème fraiche; unfortunately, the soup was lukewarm and needed more flavor (maybe nutmeg or cinnamon). My entrée was the Sweet Potato and Apple Tart with goat cheese and balsamic reduction. Sounded enticing, it was hot but again another dish that required more seasoning or maybe just some salt. My husband ordered the Parma Crusted Sea Scallops with Butternut Squash Risotto. He enjoyed the scallops, perfectly cooked; but he was not jumping with joy when it came to the risotto. Another dish with great potential, some of the potatoes were hard, the risotto was stiff, and another dish that required salt. Dinner was not a complete loss; the dishes just need seasoning.
I must admit, dessert is our achilles heel; better yet, Zacharias’ has an in house Pastry Chef. The waitress arrived with the tray of many desserts to choose from. We settle on Chocolate Crepes with banana filling, Hazelnut Parfait and two cappuccinos. The crepes were light with the perfect combination of bananas and chocolate. The parfait was also light, a hazelnut mouse topped with a hazelnut crunch. Our desserts were complete with authentic cappuccinos.
We rated them in the middle; they have a chef with interesting ideas, but lacks in the area of seasoning; please Chef, don’t be afraid. Will we return? Only time will tell, we would like to give them another chance.