“Company Christmas party at the Black dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Dog Cafe - CLOSED

Black Dog Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pennsylvania
“Company Christmas party at the Black dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had our annual company Christmas party in one of the Black Dog's upstairs rooms last week. We had a group of 16 and ordered off of the menu. The food and the service was fantastic, especially considering that the staff had to navigate the stairs for drinks, appetizers, main course and desert! My prime rib was as good as it gets and the calamari is the best anywhere. Thank you for the great experience to Terry and his staff!

• Visited December 2013

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing, sorry to say”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had read about this restaurant on TripAdvisor and decided to try it on while in the area. I called for reservations, which were politely taken. When we arrived, we found it difficult to determine where exactly the entrance was! We walked through two dining rooms and were seated opposite the bar, between the back exit door and the kitchen door. It was noisy, then cold when the door was left open by exiting patrons. The service was just fine. Drinks were brought quickly, and the server was very attentive. Bread and butter were placed on the table. We had some delicious onion rings as appetizer. We ordered a crabcake and vegetables, which I am told were both good, and a delmonico steak with a baked potato. The steak was pretty fatty and frankly, tough to cut and worse to chew. For the price, I felt the steak should have been much better. I think we were seated in the "boonies" because the tables in the dining rooms were for four and not for two people. Too bad. I regret that we won't be going back to the Black Dog again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Scion
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States
“The Black Dog Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just keep coming back. The bar is fun to sit at and enjoy a delicious cocktail (still waiting for my Pumpkin Martini). The meals are consistently great. I have never had something that I wouldn't order again. If you can, request MaryAnn to be your server. She describes the meals perfectly and I have always enjoyed her recommendations.

1 Thank Rosanna B
“Fantastic Food, Service and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I have been going here for about 3 years now, and have never had any complaints. If something is not to your liking, they will fix it at all costs. You'll never leave there hungry either. I am a big eater, and I always have another meal to take home. The servers are friendly and efficient. Prime rib with Rosemary and Sea Salt is out of this world! The veal dishes are awesome.Those chefs really know what they're doing, as does the staff working the dining rooms.
We were there just last night. After writing this review, we might have to go again this week!!!!

Stop in. You won't regret it.

pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went with another couple and enjoyed the food very much. The atmosphere was great as well as the service. Will definitely return.

2 Thank sierraPennsyalvania