“Much better than it looks”
Review of Station Brake Cafe

Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aiken, South Carolina
“Much better than it looks”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Menú changes daily. Food excellent service is spotty. 5 star cuisine without the drive or price. Also, without the service or professionalism.

1 Thank dean m

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Okay”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The station break cafe is decent, average food. Perhaps overpriced, but portion size is generally big.

The only reason I went to this place is because they have a Groupon. I would say that the Groupon itself made the visit worth it, but I'm not sure I would return without another groupon. I find the prices to be a bit high for the food that is offered. I had linguini scampi style but it was pretty bland. Generous portion of shrimp though. The person I was with had penne with the Florentine sauce, and this was a much better choice in my opinion. We also had an order of garlic bread, which was pretty tasty, but at $4.99, it was a bit overpriced seeing that we only got 4 thin slices.

We came to this place on a Thursday evening around 5 o'clock, and there was only one other table of people there. It was pretty empty. The decor and the service date back to the 80s. Our plates were garnished with the parsley flakes around the edges, and the decor and style was clean, but a few decades off. Our server was very kind.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what to make of this place. The outdated style seems to suggest an owner that doesn't want to upgrade and modernize. The food was generally okay, but my choice was a little bland. A bit overpriced for what you get. Keep in mind that if you get a Groupon for this place, it doesn't count towards sandwiches or alcohol.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Italianblends
Pittsburgh
“No expectations”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to this restaurant without expecting great things. I definitely hit the mark but maybe my
review could be a little more positive. Arrived for dinner service this past Saturday evening
with the family. I had the traditional chicken marsala which was better than average ,good salad and some wine. The other entrees included a seafood pasta and steak. All agreed that the entrees were good. The atmosphere was decent, nice fire going in the corner of the room.
The only thing that kept this from being very good was the service and dessert. Service was
a little off. No second cup of coffee, check was rushed , no offer for second glass of wine,
etc.(inexperience).The desserts were really average, I am guessing brought in from off site.However, let me say the pricing,quality, and presentation were good. A probable for a return visit.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeff511
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lobster Sherry Cream Sauce”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Seafood Neptune is fabulous and everything that goes with it is great, also.
For a stellar Veal Parm, as well, stop in Station Brake Cafe!

Visited October 2013
South Burlington, Vermont
“A Hidden Surprise”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went here with a Groupon coupon but would go again without one. Food was very good, well prepared and served by a friendly accommodating waitress who could tell us about any of the selections we asked about. Steaks were flavorful, tender, and cooked exactly as requested, something you don't always get. And the corn chowder should not be missed! The only reason I didn't rate the Station Break a five is its location in an out of the way, not well lit neighborhood and it's less than first class bar which you have to go through to get to the dining area and then pass back through for the restrooms.

• Visited November 2013