“Reasonable Prices for a Good Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of George's at Kendig Square

George's at Kendig Square
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Chester
“Reasonable Prices for a Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've only been here once, for breakfast, but the portions were huge and the food was good. Prices are reasonable compared to where I live. It's a 'mom and pop' place where the clients are mostly regulars and the staff seems to know everyone and are very friendly. I had a veggie omelet and home fries and hot tea, and everyone was cooked just right, no complaints! The atmosphere is casual, with booths in the front and tables in the back, but people come here for the food. It's located in a shopping center (Kendig Square), so driving by, you could easily miss it if you didn't know about it.

• Visited June 2014

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our first time at George's Family restaurant in Kendig Square. We stopped after attending a movie. The place seemed very clean. The wait staff are very friendly. My hubby and I had chef salads. Although it appeared they had a large clientele, we were disappointed with our food. The salads were mostly lettuce and cheese with a piece of ham lunch meat and a bit of regular turkey and a hard boiled egg. Hubby got a dill pickle on his. We felt the price was a bit high for the quantity and quality.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TigerLily1010
Millersville, Pennsylvania
“The Best Broasted Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I eat occasionally on Sundays at George's Restaurant at Kendig Square. We usually have the 1/2 broasted chicken with 2 sides. The four pieces of chicken are perfectly done with absolutely the best light tasty batter. Their french fries are to die for. We have also seen other plates of food being served to other customers. They don't short change you on the portions. The service is fantastic with the most friendly waitresses.

Please, do yourself a favor, have a meal at George's.

M. Greg Miller
Millersville, PA

• Visited January 2014
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
“We won't be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our family stopped at George's for Sunday breakfast. We regretted doing so...to the point of it being funny. The restaurant was quite busy, but we did get a table within a few minutes. The server did stop by for our drink order, but it was some time until she got back for the breakfast order. That may be excusable since they were busy if it was it not for the fact that she spending time in conversation during this very busy time at the restaurant. The real complaint was the food itself. I ordered fried eggs...very basic. I have never seen raw eggs served as fried eggs before...these were not just a little runny, but uncooked! How could a cook take these from the grill without noticing and how could the server deliver them with not seeing this?! Unbelievable! Normally if food is not great, I will just eat it and take it as a lesson learned not to order it again. Here, it was a matter of food safety. For the first time in my 50 years I actually sent the food back. It must happen somewhat frequently as the server immediately asked if they can flip it on the grill, without having to give it any thought (it must be the standard solution). This also means that they delivered food to a customer, and then took it back and put it on the grill with other people's food...not knowing if I had eaten any, potentially spreading germs at a time when flu is widespread. Too bad I did not take a photo of the eggs...no one would have believed it. My wife ordered an omelet taking the upcharge to get cheddar cheese...what came out was not cheddar cheese, but either orange American cheese or maybe Velveeta from the liquid consistency even when cool. The staff was friendly enough, but they should not serve uncooked food to their guests. We had not been to George's in years...and won't be going back.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Patrick M
willow street
“A local review person”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was a good place years ago, but it has gone down hill. The food is BAD and not tasty at all. Some of the employee's are embarased when they must serve the food, but must do so because this is where they must earn a pay check. My wife and I stayed away for over a year and decided the other day to give it a try one more time..When my wife was served cream chip beef I said to her right infront of the server that she did not have to eat it due to it looking so bad.
You can never sit at the counter due to it always being filled with men that sit there for up to four hours drinking coffee and makeing remarks about the women that must walk past them on their way in and out. Often argument's break out between the men. Some of these loiters are barded from other places in Willow Street. The owner of this place must not care as long as his money is comming in. Do yourself a favor and go else where.

• Visited November 2013