“Favorite pizza place”

Giuseppe's Willow Grove Pizza & Family Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 92 Restaurants in Willow Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is probably my favorite pizza chain hands down. We either eat-in or order take out from here at least once a week if not more. Our usuals are either a large pizza and fries or cheesesteaks...and fries. The entire staff from the cooks to the waiters to the owner are all great - so very friendly. Always smiling, asking how we are doing, etc. It's a great family restaurant. They have a "back area" where large groups have parties. The service is always top notch and the food is always delicious. I will continue to get eat here until the day that they close their doors.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

It is a good little place. Average food, with an average price. You won't go wrong. I just think they have a lot of competition with so many places to go in this area.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We've only eaten in a few times so I can't comment on the service. But I willingly drive the extra distance for Giuseppe's takeout pizza. The crust has an outstanding yeasty flavor that is far better than that of other pizza places. Right across the street from Thunderbird Bowling, too, so it's a great spot to go before or after a game.

2  Thank rkhPhiladelphia
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Best pizza in town. Great service!! And awesome food.

Reviewed March 6, 2010

I can't rate the food since they were unable to serve 2 simple slices of plain pizza. My wife and I ordered food - her sandwich came out about 45 minutes later - I was told by the waitress that my 2 plain slices were coming soon. They had to make a fresh pizza. Another 15 minutes later another snotty waitress arrived at the table with 2 slices with toppings. I said I wanted plain. She said "do you want it or not?" I asked if they had any other slices since they had just made a "fresh pizza" they said this is all they have - take it or leave it.
When I walked to the counter to complain about their service - I was asked to leave. They seemed annoyed and irritated by my complaint and even seemed pretty angry at me for complaining. Years ago before they closed down we ate at this place once a week. I know I'll never be visiting them again. I had stopped by a few years ago when they re-opened for a take out. Then they seemed annoyed and bothered then. It was just the impression. So this 2nd visit has confirmed that they don't value their customers - who are apparently there to make Giuseppe's happy not the other way around.
I have to be fair to them - while I was rudely asked to leave with what appeared to be obscene hand gestures towards the door - they said my wife's meal was on the house.
At least they did that right.

2  Thank Restaurantcritic37