“Very good, family friendly Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Mandarin Garden

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've gone to Mandarin Garden for many years. It's located right next to the Willow Grove SEPTA (train) station. It doesn't look like much from the outside (no windows, nondescript brick building on the Corner of York and Davisville Roads), but it's tastefully decorated on the inside.

There are few dishes I would not recommend - almost everything is good. Gunpowder chicken is a particular favorite of mine, and General Tso's chicken (request spicy) is my kids' favorite. My kids also like the the Shirley Temples from the bar (my wife likes the tropical drinks).

One of the things that I like best about Mandarin Garden is its consistency - it's *always* been good. I've been there 15-20 times over the years, and despite ordering a few dishes that I wouldn't order again (usually when I'm in a more adventuresome mood), I've never had a dish that I thought was not well-prepared. The chef(s) are professional and consistent.

Many thanks to the owners. I've had many good meals here.

The place is 'fancy' enough for a nice dinner, but they don't mind seating you if you're a bit underdressed, either. Although the waitstaff is usually very businesslike (i.e., not chatty and don't smile a lot), they're very efficient and knowledgeable.

2  Thank kristyne867
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Garden

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Always have a great meal. Wonderful Chinese food. Usually get take-out.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

This restuarant is really good, please try Wonton soup. The best chicken and broccoli I ever had. I like how its decorated, we had good service. Great Shrimp and Lobster sauce, no pork in it (finally a restaurant that makes it perfect).Lunch available

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2008

The Best Chinese food around.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 6, 2008

no hi-chairs for kids!!!!!!! none!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook