“Deliciousness”

Dining options: Reservations
NJgirl4ever
“Deliciousness”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I always enjoy visiting them for their Hibachi, but they have some of the best sushi in the area as well! Always treat. But only a treat as it can get a bit pricey. The good thing is you can BYOB!

Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Favorite”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Ooka is definitely one of the better sushi restaurants around the area. They have a hibachi and a sushi section. The hibachi is like one of the typical ones at other restaurants, but the sushi is really good. It's always crowded at night, but the servers are friendly and ready to help at all times. The sushi is fresh and if you don't like raw fish, you can always go for the beef and shrimp. I really like their Chirashi. The place is small and you're most likely going to sit very close to a stranger's table, but the food is well worth it. Try the desserts too! I definitely recommend the red bean and green tea crème brulees. Though it's a bit on the pricey side, it's a great place to go once in a while.

• Visited March 2013
Hopewell Jct, NY
“Very good”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

,Traveling on a business trip alone I tried Ooka. I had the dumpling appetizer to start. It was absolutely fantastic. Some of the best I've tasted. Very light, fresh, and the dipping sauce was excellent as well.
I followed with a roll combo main offering, that was very good, on par with most decent sushi places. Dinners come with miso soup, also very good, and a small salad.
My only negative was that I was traveling alone, so the old table for "One" rush. I purposely went off peak, and the place only had a couple of tables filled, yet I felt they rushed my meal to get me out as fast as possible. My soup, salad, and appetizer all arrived together. My main arrived about halfway through the appetizer. I've spent more time eating in fast food places!
I would have like to have slowed down and taken my time.

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“First rate sushi”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

By far Ooka serves the absolute best sushi anywhere!!! I've had sushi everywhere and they are the best. They also have good tempura and steak teriaki and desserts. I have only been to the Willow grove location and it is always crowded. My favorite menu items are the mango summer roll and out of control roll. I've eaten here dozens of times and I am finally writing a review. Just celebrated my sons 21st birthday here and couldn't have been a better meal. It is BYOB.

• Visited April 2013
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding food, small menu”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went to this place with girlfriends. We had a great time. Food was excellent, price is a bit pricey but worth it. Server was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely go back again

• Visited February 2013