“Happy Birthday to me!”

Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia
“Happy Birthday to me!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wonderful son took leave from the Air Force and flew cross country to take me to dinner for my birthday. I had heard wonderful things about this restaurant so I was delighted when he suggested it. The menu was extensive and varied. The "specials" were also very interesting and could be done with your choice of fish (Salmon, Mahi mahi, Tuna or Tilapia) The quality of food was impressive. The only downside? was we did not know it was a BYOB so we had no wine with dinner. I am taking a dear friend there tonight to celebrate her birthday and will not forget the wine. The desserts were awesome and my Chocolate Mousse arrived on a dish that was decorated with a handwritten "Happy Birthday" in a delightful Raspberry sauce.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Phillygirl411

Doylestown
“Delighted to have discovered this resturant”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Comfortable dining atmosphere with dim lighting and minimal decor. The professional wait staff offered so many specials to choose from. I went with a spicy shrimp entree which I liked very much. Plenty of vegetables on the plate along with large shrimp in a mildly spiced sauce. For dessert I ordered the Limoncello cake with mascapone. It was so light with a wonder lemon flavor I was scraping the fork against the plate to get all of it. The bill for two people came to $59.83. Next time I will not order the sparkling water for $6 a bottle however I will order the cake again and I will frequent this restaurant very often.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Joan R
Philadelphia
“Spectacular -Great Find”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Apparently this restaurant has been open for about a year and a half, but I went there for the first time yesterday. Was seriously impressed with the quality of all the food we ordered (4 of us). Fried calamari appetizer and "purses" were great. Calamari was not greasy at all, and no tentacles in the portion. Seafood medley, drunken noodles with chicken and shrimp, and the fish special (tuna) were our entrees, and they were all generous portions and flavorful. Only complaint is I asked for 3 out of 4 spicy level on my entree and it was still totally bland (waiter did bring me chili paste to fix that). Lemon cake for dessert was light and flavorful. Prices were very reasonable given the high quality of food and portions size. Plenty of other items sounded wonderful, so we will definitely be going back. Noise level a bit much, but place was packed. Give it a try, if you have not been there.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank edsatty
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Like playing Russian roulet with you meal”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We just stopped in for dinner and the food was good but the staff is disorganized. While we ordered correctly, the server even read it back, everything was wrong. They even came out at one point with the wrong food.
I had the crispy chicken and there was absolutely nothing crispy about it.

If you want to venture out to this place, really really make sure they know that you are ordering.

1 Thank Ira S
Southeastern Pennsylvania
“A Treasure in the Midst of Willow Grove”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Face it. I am a picky, difficult-to-please traveller and restaurant-goer. Read my reviews. I'm reminded that in Anna Karenina, Tolstoy wrote: "If you look for perfection, you'll never be content." Still... I look. Colonial Quy Bau is close to it. I first went here months ago, thinking it was a classic (and standard Vietnamese fare restaurant). It wasn't... And because I went there expecting it to be so, I was disappointed. I went back tonight... after reading their menu and adjusting my expectations to French - Asian mix cuisine. Our meal was truly fantastic. Everything was fresh as fresh can be. Prepared to darn-near perfection. Staff was so helpful and friendly. The owner spoke with us repeatedly. The Manager too. Decor is comforting and warm-chic. Clean. Comfortable. I will become a regular... And that is the greatest compliment anyone can give a restaurant.

1 Thank CryingMan