“Love this Restaurant- A favorite!”
Review of Pho & Beyond

Pho & Beyond
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Willow Grove
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Philadelphia PA
“Love this Restaurant- A favorite!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Pho and Beyond has been open for 2 maybe 3 years and my wife and I enjoy it as one of our regular easy-on-the budget restaurants since it opened. It's small, comfortable and a BYOB. The owner is very friendly and always comes over to say hello. The menu has enough to make everyone happy. The food is very very good and seems to be authentic Vietnamese fare. I'll cut to the chase and share my recommendations: The #1 shrimp pork rolls, #9 Vietnamese hoagie as starters. Highly recommend the #14- Moms cabbage soup is wonderful as a starter too. I love the #31- the special pork/chicken/shrimp with rice. My wife loves the wonton pho soup with egg noodles as her entree.
Pho sometimes gets a bit crowded and when it does, the service slows a bit, but that happens in every restaurant. For under $40, you will leave satisfied and happy! For that comfort spot at the end of a busy week, you can't beat Pho and Beyond. We love it and frequent it often.

Visited January 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Experience But Mixed Feelings Afterwards”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place is relatively small, and the restaurant is also oddly shaped, but it is still comfortable and they made an effort to design the place. There was this one rude waiter there. He was chubby and had spikey gelled hair. When we asked him what the dish another table was having, he just handed a menu to us and didn't answer us. Maybe it was a language barrier. Other than that, our main waiter was prompt and courteous and was polite. He had a fuzzy mustache and sleek hair.
We had the deluxe (#8) appetizer dish with summer rolls, spring rolls, crab meat with sugar cane, and another summer roll with meat, with a plate of pickled vegetables. It was very delicious. I had #21 pho and I was actually surprised to see "meatballs" in my pho, because I've never had that before at other Vietnamese restaurants. Maybe the beef balls are supposed to be a cheaper substitute for beef slices? The rest of the party with me also had pho of other orders and they all said the pho was good, but the soup base didn't have much taste to it, making the noodles not as tasty.
**********************************************************************
This place uses a lot of MSG, and my whole party was very very very thirsty an hour after eating here, and two of them also developed canker sores and a sore throat. Since it only happened to two of the members in my party, I will try to be open-minded about this restaurant and still recommend it for perhaps some people that are more flexible in terms of eating.
***********************************************************************
The price of the food is relatively cheap, but I have a cheaper Vietnamese restaurant that has a tastier soup base that is closer to my house, so I don't think I will visit this one as much. I might visit it again to see if there are any improvements or if I'm around the area though.

• Visited December 2013
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Great Pho, Great Value”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We eat at or take out from Pho & Beyond almost monthly and I am always impressed with the consistent quality. For a casual evening meal out, this is a good bet but be prepared for crowds until about 7:30pm when it generally starts to thin out (may be later on weekends). We have sampled many dishes, but the stars here are the fresh spring rolls and various noodle soups. Being a BYO enhances what is already a reliable value.

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Pho”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Husband and I had lunch here after reading a small blurb about it by Craig LaBan in Philadelphia Inquirer. I am so glad we did.The food was delicious, and the surroundings were attractive and comfortable with a very lively lunch crowd.Waiters were attentive and friendly, and the restaurant was impeccable with fresh flowers on the beautiful tables.
I had the lotus root salad which had nice portions of shrimp and pork and was made especially enjoyable by the tasty pickled carrots.The shrimp crackers that came with it added to the enjoyment. Husband had the Pho Ga which he declared as very tasty also--great broth.
All in all, a wonderful lunch. We will be back many times!

• Visited November 2013
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Local pho!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice to find pho so close to home...very good! We both had the Pho Ga & it was very flavorful...tried a couple of appetizers too. we'll definable be back!

• Visited October 2013