“Awesome find!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mad Mex
Ranked #25 of 87 Restaurants in Willow Grove
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Pull up a stool, join us at the Mad Mex in Willow Grove, PA. We are Funky and not scared to put fun things together if they taste good. We make just about everything from scratch daily. Inspired by West Coast food: healthy, fun, local, experimental. And microbrews. We don't use any lard but simple marinades of citrus and spices. We love Mexican food and big flavors, big plates, fire and sunshine, beer and tequila to wash it down. That is why we are Funky Fresh Cal-Mex! This ain't no Mexican restaurant, this is MAD MEX! Come in and enjoy one of the best happy hours in Willow Grove.
willow grove
“Awesome find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Mad mex is a hip, fun and yummy restaurant to go to. Best place for happy hour, watching a sports game or just have a nice meal with family. They have a nice bar where you can hang out at if you want to watch sports, a nice dining area for friends or if you're on a date and a big family area to seat parents with kids. The food has a wide variety of choices which are all good. Love the decor and the unlimited nachos with salsa! A must go to place.

• Visited April 2012

Philadelphia
“A much needed addition to the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really can't say enough good things about Mad Mex. I have been there 4-5 times in the past few months and have enjoyed myself immensely each time. My most recent visit was last week. I had been meeting up with a childhood friend that I hadn't seen in years. Despite being crowded, the waitress did not rush us when she saw we were there to catch up. We ended up being there for three hours!

The 'Big Azz' (22oz.) margaritas are awesome! They have a fab $7 Happy Hour deal. Be careful they pack a wallop!

As for the food, it is great, 'doesn't take itself too seriously'. Mexican fare. I have had a different dish each time and have really like each one. I am a particular fan of the Shrimp Fajitas!

Lastly, now that the weather is getting warmer, they have opened up their outdoor area. It is really nice and private. You would never know that you are in the middle of a strip mall!

• Visited March 2012
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Good Food and Atmosphere. Lacking in Quality Service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have visited the Mad Mex in Willow Grove on multiple occassions, mainly for working lunches with colleagues, and I have hesitated to write a review until I could average a few of my visits together and really get a feel for the place. To start with, I love the atmosphere! The decor is very trendy and colorful and the noise level is ideal for a group who doesn't like awkward silence. The food here is a 4 out 5 and the portions are plenty! The pick-a-dippa is the ideal appetizer for a group to share and the burritos and quesadillas are excellent!

The reason I rated the Mad Mex only average is because of the service staff. I have had the same waiter 3-4 times, a different guy the next time I was in, and a new girl this most recent time. All of the wait staff I have been in contact with seem distracted and non-interested in helping the guests. The attitude they exude comes across as though we as guests are intruding on their time. It disappoints me because I want to love my experience but everytime I eat here I expect to be a bother to the waiter/waitress. Maybe it's better at night when the place is busy . . .

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Loud, but good if you like that sort of thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

It is hard to impress me with Mexican. I like Mexican, but I don't like paying so much money for it. This place has a great drink selection, and the food was not ALL CARBS... This was good! The price is just a bit more than I like paying for Mexican food.

Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Went twice, first realized my Hubby was having a reaction to something, found
that they use same grill for seafood as they do for meat. Not happy, they apologized and that's it. Second time we were there, cucumbers were wilted, soup cold, and ranch dressing was runny. We won't go back for awile.

• 3 of 5 bubbles