“Not a second visit location- but I did”
Review of Jake's Wayback Burgers - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jake's Wayback Burgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is not a return location but I did to give it a chance. Service was good, food was unimpressive on both visits which means they are consistent just not worth the trip. Add to the this the location of exiti onto Easton road and it really is not worth the stop, go a few hundred yards down the road to the Brick House for a burger that is , maybe $1.50 more....

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I got the Philly Cheeseburger (two patties, grilled onions, mushrooms, and cheese). The two people both wait, cook and stock the place. It took well over 30 minutes to get my burger at lunch. The burger was freshly prepared but soggy and really skimpy with the onions and mushrooms - it was small compared to Five Guys and nearby Sonic. The fries were just average. Burger, fries and a drink set me back $11 - not worth it. Avoid this place,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I went to the new location in Wayne PA. The fried are lousy and the hamburger is nothing specia at all. Over priced, not that good. Not worth the time or the calories. Nothing special or unique.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I went here because I had a Groupon for it and because it is right up the road from me. Now, I am a bit of a foodie, but I also know how to grade on a curve. That is, I know that I can't hold fast food to the same standards as other restaurants. Heck, I even like a bit of good old fast food from time to time. This place, though, should definitely be given a miss.

To start with, the atmosphere of the place is very uninviting. The dining area is cramped, and if you are planning to eat with more than a party of two, be prepared to move some furniture around. Since there are only a handful of tables to begin with, this is easier said than done. I can only imagine what people with kids would do. The seating is also very hard and uncomfortable. The floor was slippery with grease, and it was really loud and chaotic in there because the cooks are about three feet away from you.

When you go up to order your food, you're offered a number of burger options to chose from. I am sure you can order off of the menu as well, but we all figured we'd go with what was on offer. My dad got a chicken sandwich, my mom got the Rodeo Burger, and I got the veggie burger. Dad and I got onion rings, and mom got fries. Despite ordering our burgers exactly as they are described on the menu board with no changes made at all, I had to repeat myself three times on each item, and I was not confident the girl at the counter got it right even after all of that, but I figured I'd wait and see.

Sure enough, the food comes out, and my misgivings were proven correct. When the food is ready, someone bellows out your name and waits for you to flag him down so he can bring it to the table. Despite fervent hand waiving and my even calling out "Here!" a few times, the server still brought our food to another table - a table that made no effort to call him over. When that table told him the food did not belong to them, the server stared at them in a stupor while I continued to try for his attention. Eventually, he figured it out and brought our food over.

When the food arrived, mine was missing several of the ingredients listed on the menu board, and I had no onion rings - part of the meal deal I ordered. I informed the server of this, and he seemed perplexed but took my food back to be fixed. When the correction was made, my food was left on a counter for me to come up and collect, which was kind of rude since the mistake was theirs, but given the caliber of their serving staff, I was ok with this. I should bring up, though, that despite Jake's attempt to make the dining experience more "personal" by bringing one's food to his/her table, one still has to get up if he/she wants a number of seasonings and sauces on his/her food anyway since they are all up at the counter. But I digress.

So now the time came to eat the food. Had the food been good, I could have forgiven all else, but it was not good. At all. My veggie burger tasted like it had been deep fried with the french fries, my father's chicken sandwich was overcooked and glistening with grease, and my mom's burger looked like a four year-old had assembled it. Dad claimed his chicken sandwich was passable, mom was lukewarm about her burger, and my veggie burger was downright disgusting. I will say that the onion rings were good, but for such a limited menu that is meant to specialize in a specific genre of easy-to-prepare food, to get only the onion rings right is pretty sad.

Again, I like some good ol' greasy fast food as much as the next person from time to time, but when grease is all you can taste and the service and atmosphere are awful, you're much better off going to McDonald's or Burger King for less money and a better dining experience. Avoid.

1  Thank Phillygirlagain