“Clean and comfortable!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Detroit, Michigan
“Clean and comfortable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2006

My family and I stayed here for a full week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was clean and quiet with plenty of room for us to spread out. The complimentary breakfast was very good and frequently replenished. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well. The hotel is 15 minutes from Sesame Place and only 45 minutes from downtown Philly plus there were several good restaurants nearby, so it was very convenient. I would definitely recommend staying here again or at any Spring Hill Suites.

• Liked — New hotel - clean and in a good location.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cara704

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2006

We discovered Marriott's Residence Inns and Suites recent by mistake, and will probably never stay in a regular hotel room again. They are perfect for families. This particular one could not have meet our needs any better. It was clean, the pool and spa were wonderful and the staff was top notch. If you are traveling with kids you have to check these suites out!

1 Thank KPMD
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2006

My family and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites over Easter Weekend while I visited New Hope and Peddlers Village. I loved the hotel, staff and the free breakfast buffet was great - hot & cold food!! The pool was smaller than I thought but for a weekend, the kids were satisfied and entertained. I would definitely go back and recommend this hotel to others. Enjoy!!

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2006

We loved this place. The rooms are larger than average. The quality of the accomodations were above average. The pool is very nice and there is a separate jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet includes everything one needs for a full breakfast. Staff was very helpful. I would have liked a tip jar for the breakfast staff but there wasn't one. As a business person I really like the hard wired high speed internet because it is much more secure than wireless. Even casual users should feel safer using a credit card or checking a statement than on a wireless setup. Location is near the interstate but in a quiet area.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank MikeDAtlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2006

This was out third stay at this fine hotel, and I must say that it just keeps getting better and better with each visit. First, the staff are very friendly. They always say hello and give you a sincere smile. The rooms are quite nice and very quiet. There's a bedroom area, a sink/mirror area, a bathroom, a living room area with a sofa bed and TV, and an office area with a desk, microwave, bar sink, and additional storage. Everything was extremely clean -- as if we were the first people staying there. We always tip the chambermaids a few dollars; this is one of the first hotels I can recall where they left us a thank you note!

They have a wonderful pool, jacuzzi, and an exercise room with nicely maintained machines, including a treadmill, stair climbing machine, weights, etc. The equipment looks out over the pool, but is kept in a separate glass-enclosed room to control the temperature and humidity. The arrangement allows you to keep an eye on your kids in the pool area, while you work out in comfort.

The breakfast is included and has an excellent selection of items, including cereals, yogurt, milk, various kinds of juice, muffins, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels and fruit. It was way beyond the typical included continental breakfast you find at other hotels. Everything was fresh, the quantities were plentiful, and the hours were great for those of us who like to sleep in every once in a while. My son, who's a picky eater, normally wants to go to McDonalds for breakfast when we stay at a hotel, but here he loved the fresh waffles he could make himself on the commercial duty waffle irons.

The hotel itself is located in a nice, safe area where there are plenty of restaurants and there's also a great mall a few miles away. You're also right off the Pennsylvania Turnpike, so it's easy to get just about anywhere.

The last time we stayed I accidentally left my favorite coat in the closet, but didn't realize it until more than a week had passed. I called the hotel, and they located the coat and sent it out Airborne Express at no charge, so I had it a day after I called. Truly exemplary service.

We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2005

My family and I stayed over night (8/6) on a trip to Sesame Place. I booked the Studio room for one night over the web for $106 gov rate and it was worth every penny. Check in was the fastest I have ever experienced; the room was great - although on the small side. It was clean and had a small kitchen area with mini fridge, micro, coffee/tea. They even provided free internet access for those with a laptop. The breakfast was awesome! They had a nice spread with fruit, yogurt, muffins, fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. THe only drawback was that the breakfast room is very small and over crowded so we just took our breakfast back to the room. Express check is another great benefit! Staff very attentive and helpful! It was a great experience and we will definately stay there again!

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank BklynMom2
herts uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2005

We spent 4 nights here on a two week vacation to the USA. I cannot think any negative points about this hotel. Staff friendly and very helpfull. The hotel was spotless and everything worked. Excellent breakfast both hot and cold with plenty of food for a family of four. The room was spacious with two tv's fridge and microwave. Comlementary high speed internet access.
There was a well stocked area next to reception for snacks and sundries. The was also a nice indoor pool with an outdoor deck. The complementary washers and driers were also a great idea.
The hotel is in a good area with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby, but you do need a car.

• Stayed June 2005
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!