We stayed at this hotel recently for 5 nights, and were very disappointed. While the reservation website noted a hotel renovation in progress, it really didn't disclose the extent. In fact, it was only on the day of check-in that I received an email from the hotel staff regarding the extent and time of day for the constuction. It wasn't until check-in that we were advised that one floor of the hotel was entirely clsoed, and that another floor would be taken out of service during our stay....leaving only 1 floor operational. (the website "photos" are not accurate...the must be proposed renderings after the renovations are completed).
The banging was loud, and continued for our entire stay. Much of the time, it could be heard very clearly within our room. That's not all. The contractors propped-open the outside doors, negating any security for the hotel (our room was located very close to these doors, which are supposed to be accessible via a room key only). Furthemore, the contractors saw fit to use the parking lot adjacent to the door - and just outside the window of our room - as a staging area, parking 2 tractor-trailers there during the day. When we left in the morning, our vehicle was surrounded by workers, trucks, a forklift, and other construction related materials and debris. All of this was done with no advance warning. I think we have some pictures to prove it. In a nutshell, my family and I felt like we were living right in the middle of a construction zone!
I understand hotels get renovated from time to time...and this one certainly needs it. However, had I known prior to arrival of the extent of the renovations that were actually in progress during our stay, I certainly would have reconsidred my hotel plans.
When my wife complained to the front desk about the noise, asking for a rate adjustment during our stay she was told "sorry, there's nothing we are going to do for you." Marriott has a better reputation than that, and we were definitely taken-back at the way our complaints and concerns were simply brushed-off.
Please note that we've stayed at this hotel many times in the past - even going back to when it first opened - have have never had such a poor experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly remodeled SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove is off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike just a short drive from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). Our refreshed hotel rooms in Willow Grove feature spacious king and double/double suites. Experience sound nights of sleep on comfortable beds topped with plenty of fluffy pillows. Rooms afford guests flexible work spaces with spacious desks, free Internet access and kitchenettes equipped with microwaves, mini-refrigerators and coffeemakers. Enjoy a daily complimentary New Breakfast buffet in the re-imagined lobby area as well as our updated Market offering beer, wine, convenience foods and snacks. Additional onsite amenities include an indoor swimming pool, state-of-the-art fitness center and newly renovated business center featuring computers and facilities for printing, copying, scanning and faxing. Our Willow Grove hotel is close to popular attractions including Sesame Place(R), Peddler's Village, New Hope and Center City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove Hotel Willow Grove
- Springhill Suites Willow Grove
- Willow Grove Springhill Suites