“Another nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Berlin, MD
“Another nice stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

This is our second time at the Spring Hill Suites in Willow Grove. We have stayed here for family/friend events since we used to live in the area but have since moved away.

In the past we tried the Hampton Inn down the street but were less than impressed so we gave this property a shot. It's very nice. It sits well off the road in a business park so it's very quiet. The hotel is clean, looks well landscaped and cared for. The rooms are a nice size (we have a king suite) and the rates are reasonable.

It's breakfast selection was pretty good...on par with similar hotels like Hampton. Just enough to get you going.

The hotel also has a pool which is small but nice and an adjacent whirlpool. It also has a fitness room.

I would highly recommend this hotel to just about anyone who is visiting the northern Philadelphia suburbs.

• Liked — Clean hotel, friendly staff, reasonable rates
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Slapshot68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
boston, ma
Reviewed June 30, 2008

first time we didn't get what we expected from tripadvisor. stains all over the room, on sheets, etc. our daughter sat down on the floor for a second, and soon thereafter had a rash. there was a red stain in the shower. also, beware of the term 'suite' in the name of the place. a siting area does not make a suite. as parents hoping to be able to make use of the suite by putting the kids to sleep in the adjoining room, this was very misleading. their idea of a suite is a bed with a sofa bed next to it - not sure why that would be any better than any other standard hotel room with two double beds (actually worse - you get to make the sheets on the bed yourself and see disgusting stain marks on the mattress). oy... i'd recommend staying down the road at the residence inn.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
NYC
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Got this hotel on priceline. Very close to Philly (15 minutesor so)and so much less $. Checking in was ok-was given a room with 2 double beds, asked for the queen or king and was told they couldn't change it. This was a little annoying since when using priceline before we never had a problem getting 1 bed instead of 2.
The room was very large, studio set up with a 1/2 wall seperating the beds...it had a small kitchen sink/mini fridge and micro in one area. There was a also a small table/desk and 2 chairs as well as a couch and side chair with coffee table. The bathroom area was a good size. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows.
The most negative thing about this hotel is that the curtains don't close, they are for show so your room gets very light as soon as the sun comes up.
The breakfast was good and had eggs/sausage/waffles and all the usual other things, cereal, juice, good coffee....
Overall at the price paid I would stay here again when visiting Philly.

• Liked — The size of the room and the beds!
  • Disliked — The curtains that don't close.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UMgirl
New Jersey
Reviewed April 19, 2008

My husband and I had tickets to see the Genesis tribute band "Turn It On Again" at the Keswick Theatre in Glenside, PA. We decided to make a night of it and book a room at the SpringHill Suites. The hotel is pretty much off of the PA Turnpike on Maryland Road. It was extremely easy to get to.

I booked the room off of the Marriott website for $109/night using the Keswick Theatre discount. I'm also a Marriott Rewards member. There was a self-parking lot and plenty of room for cars. Upon check-in, the girl asked for my last name and then gave my husband and me a small bag with an 8oz. bottle of water and some Pepperidge Farm cookies (Milanos to be exact). Check-in was quick and we were off to our room.

Upon getting to our room, we found out that our keys did not work. I called back down to the front desk with my cell phone and the girl from the front desk came up within minutes with new keys. We had her try each one to make sure they worked.

The room was nice - work area with large desk, wet bar with coffee maker and fridge, sitting area, bedroom, vanity and bathroom. The only thing I complained about was the small bed cover (not sure how to describe it - it looked more like table runner since it was long and narrow) at the foot of the bed - it was stained and I don't even want to think about what it could have been. I asked to have it removed and requested new bedding. Housekeeping was very apologetic and had someone up within 5 minutes to change the bed. She also brought up more cookies and bottles of water.

Before the show, I ran out to Target to pick up some supplies for the room - sodas and snacks. The hotel located is near various stores so it was easy to find things. The front desk also had a map of the area and was very helpful in directing me around.

The breakfast buffet was good. The hotel documentation states that it is "continental" but they had make your own waffles along with eggs and sausage. The rest of the buffet was continental - donuts, danish, muffins, fruit, cereals, etc. They also have a coffee table set up 24 hours a day in the lobby.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. While we had an incident with the bed cover, it was fixed in minutes. They were good with customer service and nowadays, it's sometimes hard to find.

Stayed March 2008
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Stayed here for one night on business. The suites are smaller than Hampton Suites or Embassy Suites. For example the TV in the sitting area and the TV in the bedroom area were about 5 feet apart. Microwave is also smaller than those found in most "suite hotels". I had a 2-Queen bed room and it was about 6" between the bottom of one bed and the closet. Bed was comfortable. Room was relatively clean - some stains on carpeting and marks on walls - dropped my pen near the couch and when I went to pick it up found a few Cheerios that should have been vacuumed up. This was still cleaner than my room at the Hampton Inn down the street where I found a used kleenex in my bed - ech! Towels in bathroom are thinner than other hotels but OK. Fitness center had one cross trainer, 3 (older) treadmills, 3 bikes and a small weight machine. "Personal TV's" on some of the machines but BYO headphones. Pool area was pretty large with a hot tub. No outdoor pool though.
Complimentary breakfast featured breakfast pastries, cereal, egg muffins,yogurt and make-your-own waffles. But no fresh fruit. I thought it was a little overpriced at $200 per night w/tax. Since I stay in this area on business pretty frequently, I'm going to keep looking - maybe the Courtyard next?

• Liked — Close to PA Turnpike and Restaurants
  • Disliked — Suite was too small for the money
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Yardville, New Jersey
Reviewed December 22, 2007

The women who checked us in was terrific, friendly, and helpful. They saw I was tired after a long drive and rushed getting me checked in.

We had a 2 double bed room with a sofa bed. We only needed two beds but the "living room" area was a nice place to sit and watch the TV.

The hotel was excellent except for its location. Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There were two TVs in our room so we didn't fight over who watched what. The hotel had free high speed internet access but we didn't use it.

The "kitchenette" was a sink, a coffee pot, a microwave, and a fridge that did not work very well.

The bathroom area was one of those with the sink outside the bathroom. I personally don't like having to go outside the bathroom to wash my hands. The shower was fine with good water pressure.

The lobby had a mini-food mart - snacks, ice cream, sandwiches and sundries. The free breakfast was until 11 on the weekend and had make your own Belgian waffles with fruit toppings. There was yogurt, fresh fruit, danish, cereal, and sausage patties. Not too bad! Could have used apple juice though.

Didn't use the pool but took a look - seemed clean.

Hotel was located in an office park area. A few restaurants in the area but not really close by. Returning to the hotel was confusing due to weird left turn to get to hotel.

We used this hotel to visit Arcadia University - it was 15 minutes away. We also went to King of Prussia Mall (2nd largest in the US) - it was about 30 minutes away.

Stayed December 2007
Rhode Island
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Husband and myself stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel room was nice small kitchenette small livingroom. The bed pillows we HORRIBLE. I should have brought my own to sleep on then it might not have been so bad. The matress was your typlical hotel mattress. Nothing special. The room was very clean. Hotel staff was friendly. At the desk that is. Cleaning help not so friendly. You barely got a smerk out of them when you said hello or good morning. After the second day I gave up. The free continental breakfast wasn't really worth it in our opinion. The staff had a difficult time keeping up with the empty baskets and bins holding varous foods such as dry creal, fruits, tiny milk cartons,and most popular batter for making your own waffle. The first morning there we went down to eat and the room was packed. So packed the hotel opened up a conference room for people to sit in. My husband hates crowds so he was not too happy to see this at 9am. The next morning we went down later figuring we had pick a popular time the previous day. Well, nope same as the other day way too crowded and hardly any food restocked. We just went out to eat for breakfast the rest of our stay. THe breakfast food was fine at the hotel it was just the crowds and lack of food that diappointed us. I would recomend this hotel to others just don't go on a major holiday. Clearly the hotel is not used to the large crowds and since you''ve basically paid for the "free breakfast" in your room rate it's a shame if you have to skip out to find breakfast elsewhere.

• Liked — Close to the highway
  • Disliked — Food service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Washington - Philadelphia

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!