“Very helpful staff..”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Very helpful staff..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel after surgery. The staff was very accommodating and gave me a room close to the elevator, accessible room.
The allowed for a late check out which I appreciated very much. I will recommend this hotel to any ones...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
shs_phlwl_gm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel. I hope that you are fully recovered from your surgery and that our staff was able to assist in your recovery and make your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights as it was near the local office in town for business. My room was clean but definitely looked well used. The bed was pretty soft and the air conditioning unit was very noisy which made it hard for sleeping. The continental breakfast was about what you would expect. Just another generic business hotel, in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your input on your recent stay. I understand your comments on the age of our product and am happy to report that we will begin a total renovation of our rooms and public space beginning at the end of 2013. Please check back and see our newly refreshed rooms. Also, beginning in June we are revitalizing our breakfast to include more healthy and varied choices of breakfast items for our guests.
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had about 40 rooms at this hotel this past weekend. The staff, especially Andrew was very accomodating and helped us every possible way. Plus, we had about 40 teenage girls with us, so stress could be very high haha. The rooms were set up perfectly and clean. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Check in late last night (4/13) was smooth and Omar's bright personality gave the experience a great start. For the price, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and lay out of the room, which was spacious and items were of quality. I would've expected to pay much higher. The bed and pillows were oh so comfy!! We slept well. The breakfast was above average for the typical complimentary hotel breakfast. The only thing lacking, and this is minor, is a fan for the bathroom to avoid the steaminess from a shower. Perfect stay, perfect price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teacher6th
Wolcott, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had a short stay here for business (2 days). Very convenient location and it's pretty quiet. Was able to sleep with the window open. Staff was very nice and helpful. My room was very, very clean. Liked the pillows. Has laundry facilities. Room is a good size. Good breakfast, location and parking. Smallish pool if you want to do laps was disappointing. No trays in the breakfast area. Pet peeve for me because I usually need to prepare for the day in the AM. Had to remember to bring the tray below the coffee maker from the room. Bed was a little soft but still comfortable. A little pricey. I will stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Devon,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Checked into hotel just for one night. It was clean. Staff were nice. Everything worked. Room was well set up with a small kitchenette area. No problems. No hassle.

Only downside to the trip was that taxis are like gold dust. But that is not the hotels fault. They also charged my credit card twice. Once when I booked and then they swiped it at check in and then I checked several days later and it had been charged again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
northeast US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staff was great - really helpful and pleasant. We had unexpected trip for a hockey tourney which was local for my child's teammates but she didn't want to sleep over with anyone. Room appeared clean, there was a little thin wall stuff but nothing major for us. I loved the laundry facilities, right down to the courtesy of a sign saying how long each cycle was. Convenient, easy to access, plenty of stores nearby to purchase some microwave dinners. Beds were comfortable. Temp was good. Extremely powerful showerhead so don't put on makeup prior to shower thinking you would just hop in..you will re-do, but my child loved it after a long day of hockey. After the first experience I adjusted accordingly. Bathroom sink counter space was plentiful. My highest remarks though go as a shout out to the customer service, Marriott, they derserve raises with all of the kids and parents they had to deal with! Nothing phased their pleasant demeanor. There was a blip with a back up wake up call in case cell phone didn't work but I called after midnight and I think when I asked for "tomorrow" it was put in for Sunday (truly the next day) as we got two that morning. When I called Saturday night for Sunday and explained my concern they assured me and were 100% accurate they entered it on the spot and confirmed, and I got the call as expected.

I just wish all of the new and remodeled hotels would start putting flatscreens on the walls as you slam into the dresser or stand at night, not just here, and in suites, stop putting one TV between bedroom area and rest of the area, I'm traditional with a suite being two separate TV's and rooms. Other than that, liked the place, had reservations the next weekend because snow and fog was expected but I was disappointed I had to cancel because it was a relaxing place for rushing parents. Would stay again, no doubt.

Room Tip: Nothing in particular - vending machines appeared to be sequestered keeping them quiet. I personall...