“Even Better the Second Time!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Willow Grove
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Even Better the Second Time!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

After a primo experience here in June (see review), I returned with a friend who was new to the delights of this establishment. The menu consists of a full line of offerings but we both went straight to the "Wood-Grilled Fish" entrees. She selected the Rainbow Trout and optional Lime Tomato Garlic Signature Sauce. I chose the Sockeye Salmon with Herb Pesto Signature Sauce. The meal is accompanied by a fresh vegetable and your choice of a side. The portions were generous and the preparation flawless. We were both extremely pleased.
Our server, Ioulia, provided impeccable service, adding to the pleasant ambiance. Another gracious touch was a visit to our table from Manager Shawna. Not only did she express a sincere interest her guests, but we shall long remember her suggestion to try dessert!
After such a sumptuous meal, we thought the servings would be modest, so we each ordered one. But when Ioulia placed them before us, we couldn't believe our eyes - both desserts were large enough for two people!
We started with the Macadamia Nut Brownie, served in a raspberry sauce, topped with vanilla ice cream and nuts. What a sublime combination of elements - rich, sweet, yet remarkably light. We forced ourselves to leave some over and move to the Creme Brulee, topped with whipped cream. The delectable, smooth custard melted on the tongue and did not disappoint. Although we were feeling rather decadent, it was agreed - this was the perfect ending to a perfect meal!

• Visited August 2014

Rockville, Maryland
“Welcoming to children”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Traveling with my 2 grand daughters age 8, we stopped here for dinner. There was a very long wait because of the Tuesday night Lobster specials. I saw several seats at long group tables near the bar area and asked if we could sit there. Most definitely! Our waiter was prompt and attentive. He answered all the girls questions and came to talk with them. And dinner was great. The fish strips my one grand daughter had were probably the best "fish Sticks" she or I had ever tasted. My steak and lobster thermidore were lovely but her fish strips were beautiful pieces of very fresh fish in a lovely batter. This place was extremely busy and yet we had excellent attentive service and delicious food.

• Visited July 2014
“Great food”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great food and service. Not as crowded as the one near me. We received discount coupons for the weekend brunch which was nice.

Visited April 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great Family Dinner”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Superb food & superb service.
Exactly what our family needed after a long day of traveling!
Definitely a special treat as we do not have Bonefish in our hometown.

• Visited July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

A friend and I took in a Saturday matinee at the Warrington Crossing 22 on Easton Rd and she suggested going to Bonefish for dinner afterwards. Just a short drive away, we thought we'd beat the evening rush. Wrong! The place was packed! My advice (to the women) - bring a sweater - the air conditioning in the waiting area is brisk - or have a drink and sit outside until your party is called. You won't be sorry!
I had the 6 oz filet from the Wooded Grill Specialties - a choice center cut cooked exactly as I had requested. My friend went with the Chilean Bass Special of the Evening - prepared slightly differently than the one on the main menu. We both savored our morsels! Served with a "seasonal vegetable plus your choice of one side item," we munched on tasty bread and dipping oil while waiting for our meal. Admittedly, the wait was long, but it was definitely worth it! I can't wait to go again! If you're planning ahead, make reservations on their website.

• Visited April 2014