“Attention to detail”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Attention to detail”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay here Sunday nights if I have to travel to the area - for the most part due to location and friendly wknd staff.
Probably not now - the room I was in you can tell the housekeeping didn't "finish" - there was a used bar of soap and non-hotel cleanser in the shower, the toilet had stains on the base, the carpet had "vacuumable stuff" on it - the lamp and radio clock were unplugged and nightstand was away from the wall - and the sign for the door was under the sink.
While I normally would say this is an isolated incident - I have seen a decline in the hotel for past years (even after renovation)
It comes down to staff - some are great but others are not.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I apologize that you had a bad experience at the hotel. Please call the hotel when you have a moment to further discuss your stay. Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Prospect CT
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The room was clean and the staff was friendly enough. However if you are in the mood for a glass of wine go anywhere other than the hotels "Bistro". There were restaurants on each side of this Marriott I could have gone to but decided to have a glass of wine in their Bistro and relax. I was charged $12.40 for one glass of Merlot, a dirty glass at that. I am familiar with the wine I purchased and it costs $10 for the bottle.
As a business traveler I have been in many other Courtyards and was happy to pay the $6 or $7 for the same glass of wine. When I asked the gentleman who served me if he was serious he said they charge you so much more for the convenience.
This will be my last stay at this Marriott, its the prinicpal of the matter- I don't like getting ripped off. They should be embarrassed.

Room Tip: The hotel is convenient, but dine and enjoy a glass of wine at one of the restaurants located on eit...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
I' m happy to read that you had a nice stay . I understanding you had some feedback in regards to the pricing of our wines. Please feel free to call the hotel to further discuss the issue.
Oberursel (Taunus), Germany
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel room was quite nice. There is a restaurant within walking distance. The hotel restaurant is also great, especially the genuine Starbucks coffee. Their cappuccino was fantastic! The gym was quite good, with new machines that are well kept. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice stay. Thanks for staying at the hotel.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am always glad to stay at this Courtyard. The rooms are clean and I've yet to encounter a staff member who wasn't friendly and helpful. I appreciate that the onsite bistro means I don't have to leave to find food if I don't want to. There's also a little 24/7 shop with additional food and drink selections. There's plenty of space in the lobby if you'd rather not work in your room.

Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I'm glad to hear that we are your favorite hotel to stay at when you travel into this area. Thanks for staying at the hotel.
Scottsdale, aZ
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The courtyard by Marriott in Willow Grove is exactly what you would expect from this brand and type of hotel. Conveniently located, friendly service and updated rooms.

My stay was only for about 10 hours, but I was able to get a good night's rest, the room was clean and had the latest updates. Just wish the lighting in the shower/water closet was a little more pleasing, but I get why hotels use flourescent lighting.

I arrived at about 1:00 AM and found the lobby door locked (good security measure), but was greeted promptly and identified as a member of the Marriott Rewards program.

All in all I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I'm glad to read that you stay was nice and thanks for staying at the hotel.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is our go to hotel when we visit our grandchildren every month or two. The personalized service by the entire staff couldn't be more outstanding in every way. The hotel is clean and has a renovated lobby. There is a Starbucks that serves breakfast and lunch which is a great convenience. They are also very nice. The Willow Grove Marriott Courtyard often sells out way in advance of our desired check-in date so we make our reservations early.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I'm glad to hear that your stay was great. Thanks for staying at the hotel !
Chincoteague
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I attended a friends wedding. This hotel was where everyone stayed. This hotel is quite clean, the people are very courteous and helpful. As a Marriott gold member we received an upgrade to a suite. It is a nice layout and very convenient to the pa turnpike. There are two bar/restaurants next to the hotel. They do have a nice bistro/lobby as most courtyards do. I would recommend this hotel for travelers coming through the area.

Stayed January 2014
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice stay. Thanks for staying at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!