“Exceptional Value”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Willow Grove, PA is always an exceptional value. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are impeccably clean, and the breakfast includes more than a muffin and coffee. Parking, internet, and breakfast are included in the low price. Hampton Inns are usually a reliable travel value. The Hampton Inn at Willow Grove, PA takes everything to the next level - all for less than $100/night for three adults.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
General M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate your comments and we agree with your view that the Hampton Inn in Willow Grove is always an exceptional value.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I travel to the Willow Grove area several times a month for work and have found my new home away from home. The staff is extremely courteous, from the front desk agents all the way up to the general manager Mr. Williams. For starters, it's very close to the PA Turnpike which makes driving to the hotel a snap... tho it isn't close enough to be bothered by road noise - it's very quiet. The rooms are modern and clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. There are also plenty of dining and shopping options right up the road. I'd highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We look forward to hosting you during your frequent trips to our area. Your positive review is sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Consistently good service and facilities. Staff is friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the area. Beds are wonderfully comfortable. Location is convenient to freeway, restaurants, shopping and places of interest. I always recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling in the Philadelphia area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

The staff gets many great reviews at the Hampton Inn Willow Grove. Your positive comments are nice to hear. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Hampton Inn. The rooms are clean and the properly is generally well maintained. Convenient location right off the turnpike. Rates are a bit steep but so is everything in this area. Friendly staff, good breakfast.

The biggest knock is noise. The heating unit is amongst the loudest I have ever heard, you need to turn it off at night. I took a reading from the bed (about 7 feet away) and it is 67 db. Likewise, one side of the hotel is only feet away from train tracks which apparently get a lot of late night freight traffic. Make sure you request a room that is not on the train side of the hotel. Hopefully all the hearing units are not as loud as mine.

• Stayed: November 2013
General M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

I apologize that you had a noisy heater during your stay. The freight train schedule is erratic and does not run every day. Thank you for your review. We will reserve a room on the opposite corridor next time.

Best regards,
Dan Williams

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We checked into the Hampton Inn Willow Grove on November 14th at 900pm at night. We were in town for my husband's Uncle's viewing and funeral. We were traveling with our nine year old daughter. We are Hilton Honors members and have stayed at many Hiltons throughout the country and usually have had a great experience, not this time. We checked in at 9:00pm. The lobby was busy with other guests checking in and out. After we checked in we went to the coffee/hot chocolate bar to make a cup of hot chocolate for my daughter. She laid down her IPAD on the table where the coffee was located and forgot it there. We realized this as soon as we entered our room and went back to the lobby to retrieve it. It was gone. I asked the front desk if they had seen anything and they said no. I told them what happened and they said they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do about it. They weren't liable. I understand that and don't disagree with the fact that we left the IPAD there and it wasn't there fault that another guest or hotel employee stole it. The coffee bar wasn't even 10 feet away from the front desk and the hotel staff. Later that night I realized that much of my personal information was on the IPAD and I was afraid that my identity could be stolen. Please understand that this was a very emotional day for us and also my 9 year old daughter's first funeral. I called back down to the front desk later to see if anyone had turned it in or if they had any suggestions. I suggested that they review their security tapes to see if they could see someone taking it. They told me that they couldn't do that. I later called down and they said that they could do review the tapes, but they didn't have a camera pointing at the desk. I said I was hesitant to file a police report when there was no tape to prove anything or anything for the police to go on. Plus we had to be up at 700am for the funeral and we were all mentally and physically exhausted. The next morning my husband asked if they could provide documentation of what happened in case my identity was stolen. The hotel clerk said he was filling out a Incident Report and that we would receive a copy and a call from Hilton's Risk Manager soon. We paid the hotel bill and checked out on Friday morning. I called on Sunday because I still hadn't received a call or the report. The clerk now told me that I was not entitled to a copy of the report- that it was an internal document only. He said I would receive a call from the Risk Manager on Monday. On Monday I didn't receive a call, so I called the Hilton Customer Care Line and filed a report. The general manager of the Hampton then called me and told me that there was nothing he could do for me. The hotel was not liable and that I wasn't going to receive anything in writing from the hotel. Please note that the hotel never asked me for a description of the IPAD or the case it was in. The manager, Mr. Williams, told me it was his first day on the job and that there was nothing he was willing to do for me. He said that I should have filed a police report. When I explained that we were grief stricken and I had a very sad 9 year old to take care of he said that he would have still filed a report and that I was "twisting" the story. He implied several times that I probably "lost" the IPAD. I told him I distinctly remember leaving it on the table, so I knew it wasn't lost. He was beyond rude and not at all sympathetic. He told me if I still had a problem to take it up with the corporate office. I asked for our money back for the stay because I wasn't satisfied with the manner in which the hotel handled the situation - not because the IPAD was stolen. I reminded him that the Hampton had a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy and I wasn't satisfied with the way in which we were treated or the follow-up that occurred. He told me that the hotel was not liable and he wasn't willing to do anything for me. I later talked to my family from the Willow Grove area and they said this hotel has a very bad reputation in the neighborhood and they weren't surprised. I wish I would have known that before we made a reservation, but the death was very sudden and no one had time to plan. Mr Williams was beyond rude to me. I am going to file a police report now because I am beginning to think that the hotel staff may have been involved and perhaps that is why they were not interested in providing me with any type of help or documentation. Perhaps if the police get enough reports they will start to see a pattern developing at this hotel. I may need to rethink why I am not a Marriott rewards member.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you want to continue our earlier conversation. As I stated when we spoke, I am sorry that you feel the staff did not respond correctly when your daughter left her IPAD in the hotel lobby. The Hampton Inn is the number 1 rated hotel in our area on TripAdvisor. We take great pride as a company in providing superior customer service. If the staff was unable to help you please note that the desk staff cannot see the coffee station from their work area and our security camera does not aim at the coffee station. I never implied anything during our conversation about the validity of your incident. I am sorry for the difficult stay you had under very trying circumstances.

Dan Williams

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellent Hotel from all aspects, location, cleanliness, excellent staff & Manager. This location was excellent from the standpoint that it was within very close proximity to other family members we were visiting in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on street side are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Your positive comments are much appreciated. Thank you for your business and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Dan Williams, GM

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great deal. It was close to my husbands work assignment. It was very clean and super inviting and friendly we walked in. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The king room as nice size to move around and included a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was super comfy which made for a good nights sleep. Not to mention how clean the room was and the bedding smelled fresh and was also very comfy. If business takes us to the area again would definitely stay here. Recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to our area.

Dan Williams, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Washington - Philadelphia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!