Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
$90
$86
$68
$98
Motel 6 Warminster(Warminster)(Great Value!)
$65
$109
Hotels.com
All reviewspa turnpikeconvenient locationfront desk staffrooms are cleancomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripfitness centernice staywaffleschannelsphiladelphiahighwayrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn off the turnpike, next to an Infinity dealership. The hotel has been extensively renovated but some of the renovations were poorly done. The bed was great and furniture new. The flat screen TV worked well and had ample channels. Wifi also worked well and was easy to get on. Housekeeping was spot on, and the front desk staff customer friendly. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and they provided popcorn and freshly baked cookies in the evening - something not all Hampton Inns do. A couple of irksome points: 1) the shower did not work properly. It took many spins of the value to get it on and off - it clearly was defective.(Room 508), but I was able to work it eventually. 2) There was a small chair in a huge room - no sofa, and there was no microwave/refrig as many other Hampton Inns have. 3) The HVAC was low/high - no temperature setting. Overall, however, I was not disappointed with my stay and would return - especially since most of the other hotels in the area are $40-50 more per night or have worse Tripadvisor ratings.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

After a long drive from the Philly airport I was greeted by Maggie at the front desk. What a smile and a welcome! The staff is incredible and the hotel although not new, it has been updated with the newer showers in the king sized bedrooms like many other Hamptons I've seen. This place is clean too, which is vital to me regardless of decor! Several good places near by for Hoagies too!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Wow, wish I read the bed bug post before I checked in but while I thankfully didn't encounter bed bugs (I did check under the mattress) , I did have to deal with poor front desk service - both checking in and out, a "fitness" center with 1 (yes 1) treadmill, an air conditioning unit that just screams "loud" all through the night (unitl finally unplugged), a microwave with a persistent clicking sound that finally stopped when I pulled its plug - didn't realize the noise until I turned off the a/c - and outdated room interiors - . On the plus side - you do get free wifi in your room and a "free" breakfast that I would gladly pay $1.99 for.

If you have no choice, lower your expectations - think motel 1 1/4 - then you can at least reach a level of some satisfaction.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or at least until better trained staff are available and significant upgrading occurs
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have previously stayed at many Hampton Inns and had good experiences.
This one was a major disappointment.
It is aged and in need of updating, but that is of minor concern compared to what wakened me in the early morning of June 21, 2012.
Bed bugs. One gave me a bite and with the light turned on I discovered many others crawling around the pillow. I captured a few and presented them to the front desk person who said he would reverse the room charge.
Avoid this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadWarriorBluffton
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had while staying with us at the Hampton Inn Willow Grove. It has been a very unfortunate occurrence in our industry that these insects, known as hitchhikers, have begun to resurface in hotels across the country. Please be assured that the management and staff here at the Hampton Inn Willow Grove take bedbug reports very seriously.
We take proactive measures as soon as the report is made and immediately send our Housekeeping Manager and myself to the room to inspect. We also place the room in “out of order” status and simultaneously notify our pest control company, whom responds to the hotel on the same day. After preventative measures and any treatments that are needed occur, the pest control company will issue a certificate to say the hotel room is bedbug free. Our incidences of these insects has been very low, however, we do realize that once is one too many! We are truly sorry and do stand by our “100% Satisfaction Guarantee” and hope that we can see you again in the future.
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns. Thank you again for your feedback.
Yours In Hospitality,
Suzanne

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and had a very good experience. It was clean, a nice continental breakfast, and a very friendly staff. Mr. Leslie (first name) worked the night shift and he was so friendly. He always said hi and carried on conversations with my three year old daughter. If we go back to that area we will positively stay at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: We chose this hotel because it was more reasonably priced but still within a 20 minute drive of the attractions we were going to visit.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We appreciate your business and glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn-Willow Grove. Thank You for the positive feedback and we have posted your comments to our Staff.