“Not bad, but below average for Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I often stay at Hampton Inns. This one was not one of the better ones. The rooms were OK but nothing special. My bathroom had only a shower, which I don't recall ever seeing in the US. I'm Hilton HHonors Gold and have a preference in my profile for a room away from the elevator. So what room do I get? Directly across from the elevator and very loud ice and vending machines. They had plenty of other rooms and switched me, but why would they even put me there in the 1st place.

I was visiting a company in the area who had arranged "goodie bags" for our group, but the staff never delivered them until I asked where they were (after seeing them behind the desk).

There isn't much in walking distance, but if you have a car there are a few restaurants and other things not too far. Its very close to the freeway exit.

The desk chair would not go up so the height of the desk was very uncomfortable to type. Usually the chairs can be raised, but not the one I had.

Exercise room was slightly better than average for Hampton Inns. It was a bit bigger and had more equipment than typical.

I didn't hate it, but I can't say I'd recommend it either.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is an updated Hampton Inn, which was a nice surprise. There are not many hotel choices in Willow Grove.....

The staff was excellent, the room was fine, the gym was above average for a small hotel and you can get a free pass to work out at the Bally's nearby.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bonsai35
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Let me start out by saying that I have been to TONS of Hilton brand hotels, but my stay at this Hampton Inn @ WIllow Grove, PA was a little different. My day was winding down and I had just finished going over some next day meeting materials when out of the corner of my eye I saw a MOUSE. The little bugger came from behind the TV chest stand and walked around the other bed in my room (the room had 2 beds, luckly the mouse went by the other bed). needless to say I looked for him for some time, pretty much messed up the room like a rock star but couldn't find him. I ended up mentioning the mouse to the manager and he said they "never had a sighting before" of mice. the guy totally didn't believe me. I mentioned to him that there was a hole in the ceiling and maybe that's how the little guy got in....he scoffed. Plain and simple, if your looking to stay in a Hampton Inn.....try the Plymouth Meeting or Newtown locations. They are way better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ptownsouthy
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The room was just perfectly and thoughtfully comfortable - as always. Breakfast was unusually good, offering omlettes, sausage, and waffles in addition to the standard cold fare. Plus I'm a push-over for those little flavored creamers. As we were leaving, I asked Maggie at the front desk "Do you happen to know where this horse park is that I've heard about ? We're running early, so we thought we'd stop and peek at it." She did not have a pre-printed map and her computer blocked a search because it was classified as gambling. I assured her that it was not that important, but she got out her personal smart phone to find the address and called their number so I could hear recorded directions. I just love it when people think outside the box! Hampton is my very favorite chain. They have never disappointed and usually they do something a little extra to impress me.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding and since we had time we decided to bring our two year old daughter for a family weekend. The staff was great and very helpful they even recommended a restaurant that would deliver for us that turned out to have great food. There are railroad tracks that run right behind the hotel however they really did their homework when soundproofing the building. The train came through at all hours of the day and night and you couldn't even hear it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alleycat2334
Reviewed July 25, 2010

maggie handeled all of my occomadations very helpful attended to my children

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cmstyles6
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We were in town for a family event and this is such a great hotel to stay at (we wish they had a POOL dang it!) Clean spacious with a nice breakfast buffet, they keep the place tidy inside and out. One complaint-our room keys wouldn't open the side door and it was cold that weekend. Also if the room has more then 1 person in it they could (without being asked-this would be AMAZING) give more then one bottle of shampoo etc. Love the coffee makers (the key to good in room coffee is to double up the coffee for one cup) and the hotel is close to Trader Joe's, Target and really anything you might need.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Washington - Philadelphia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!