“Loved the Genetti Lycoming”

Genetti Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Louisville, Ketucky
“Loved the Genetti Lycoming”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed staying in this historic hotel. MUCH more character than a sterile chain hotel/motel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The facility is not as modern as others but this only contributed to it's charm. It was clean and well kept.

• Liked — The history and character of the hotel itself
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I stayed here for a convention that was going on at the hotel. They said that they had completely renovated the hotel, and I guess they might have...I'm from a large city and renovation must mean something completely different to me (completely get rid of the old, and bring in all new things). It had somewhat a musty smell to it, and some of the fixtures / accomodations were a little outdated. I basically just used to room to crash in for a few hours before going back out to the convention, so it did it's job decently. I stayed in a room about the size of my office at work, with two twin beds in it.

• Liked — It was downtown
  • Disliked — decor, smell
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank lonestarbassclarinet
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Stayed at the Genetti Sept. 14th and was very happy with the hotel. We booked online and got a great price. Our room was on the 8th floor and everything in our room was brand new. The room was somewhat small, but it was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Continental breakfast was a nice touch. I would stay there again.

Stayed September 2008
PA
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I love this hotel. They go above and beyond. It is a welcomed expierence in a small town. I would go back there on a heartbeat. We had all the ammenties, including a great suite and WIFI.

The general manager and his wife are awesome. They are always there for you.

Always look forward to returning. There are no other motels or hotels in the area that can compare to the Genitti. It is a gem.

Lots of history and insider knowledge on the local events! Do not pass this by.

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — noothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My visit was excellent with this hotel this past weekend. I have to say I was a little scared after reading the reviews before hand but arrangements were already made so we decided to go anyways. The staff at this hotel were awsome but had a few issues that were delt with over and beyond what we expected. Our room was nice, bathrrom was clean bedding and towels were snow white even the fold away bed was in excellent condition. No odors for being a smoking room . We only had 1 concern about the wedding music that raddled our room 4 floors up, and a bunch of barking dogs, but at midnight things settled right down and it was a peaceful night.

• Liked — google search
  • Disliked — DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Our stay at the Genetti was alright we were there 12 days. The rooms are small and well as the bathrooms. We were staying at the Genetti with our 3 granddaughters who are teenagers and the enjoy the quantness of the hotel. It was like a walk through history for them. The only problems we experienced during our stay was at the wedding reception. A black waiter paid some interest to our oldest granddaughter. The manager took care of the problem.. The other problem was that I ordered a white wine at the reception I gave the bar keep a twenty but only received change for a ten. When it was brought to HER attention she rmade the correction but offered NO apology for the error. Would I stay at the Genetti again, probably.

• Liked — convenience to local businesses
  • Disliked — The smallness of the rooms and bathrooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed July 21, 2008

This was the WORST hotel I have EVER been to. My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was being held in the ballroom at the genetti. When we arrived the hotel and a very old smell. ( somewhat like a nursing home) we checked in and went up in the scary elevator. Our room was a storage closet at one time. It was soooooo small. The bath room was gross, the mold was EVERYWHERE!!! the toilet was like a public stall. The bed was small and the bedding was nasty. I went out to get a new blanket for the bed because the hotels were so dirty!! Our room also was FULL of spiders! My husband killed over 15 spiders!! that night, we woke up to 5more in the morning. I freaked out!!! The hotel changed our room. This room was bigger but still not clean. It was better then the 1st room. The food was awful as well. not what you expected. This was a disappointing stay and will NEVER go back.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank BC22
genettigm, general manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2008
Both the guests from NY and Conn came to the Hotel during a youth Basketball tournament weekend, and did not get to see the best of our Hotel. We are in the process of renovating the Hotel and have much more to offer. Unfortunately the Basketball tournament puts a heavy burden on the Hotel and is under review as it causes a lot of turmoil for our other guests.