“Outstanding service & old hotel charm!”

Genetti Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding service & old hotel charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is well worth the stay for a multitude of reasons. The staff was extremely attentive to our needs and offered assistance on all fronts (restaurant recommendations, helping with setup of equipment, offering all of us late checkouts when we asked for one late checkout room). The fact that the hotel has retained many of the features that were found in hotels "of old", adds to its charm. The rooms were lovely, cozy and clean. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s always wonderful to hear when our staff does a great job. We are happy to hear that you will be staying with us again and look forward to your future visits with us here at The Genetti Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This old hotel is showing signs of it's age ONLY in the lobby area (I loved the entire place, my husband didn't like the lobby's decor) The rooms were good size, very clean and decorated to make you feel like home rather than a cold hotel room. One oddity, there was a table in the bathroom and the sink/vanity/wall hair dryer was in the bedroom area. Microwave and larger size frig were already in our king bed standard room. Comfy bed and bedding and new HD TV. Free wifi everywhere with good signal strength. BIG issue, this is an EXTREMELY pet friendly hotel. While checking in, they handed us dog treats and we found dogs throughout the hotel, not on just one particular floor. Every staff member was so good with our dog, we knew it wasn't an act.

We attended a breakfast affair in the grand ballroom. Very nice space and the staff was right on top of the food, clearing tables and overall service. Great space for an event.

They have off street parking, free to hotel guests. They created a doggie business area in a far corner of the lot that was very clean and equipped with poppy bags and garbage pail.

Being there in March, the outside pool was obviously not ready but it looked like a nice size and area for the warmer months. If you take the elevator right inside the parking lot entrance, you have access to the first 4 floors but there are elevators on the 4th going to the upper floors. This way, you never have to go through the main lobby to access the pool area, parking lot or doggie area. This was a big plus for us because we don't like to take our dogs in a busy area with possibly non doggie people about.

They are obviously on top of accomodating pets because they do have an excessive noise charge. Unfortunately, there are pet owners that just don't care their pets can make way too much noise. This hotel, very tastefully, addresses this possible situation without being crazy about it. Our friends dog was a bit barky but since no one complained, no fee was charged. If you are not animal people, PLEASE don't feel this hotel is not for you. Dogs are not found just walking about. I do believe that the dog owners that have been here before appreciate the hospitality so much that they go out of their way to be respectful of others, we did. The other type of dog people, I believe the staff handle as soon as it becomes an issue because we only came across good dog situations.

Guests are also given vouchers for a free daily breakfast. Going to a breakfast affair, we didn't actually use them. However, we did check it out. They had numerous food stations and selections. This was NOT a continental breakfast. This was a true full breakfast. The hotel did cater our affair so I can say that the scrampled eggs, hash browns, bacon, fresh fruit and pastries were all very good.

We only had a quick one night stay but having a nephew at Penn Tech., we will most certainly use this hotel again. Every previous good review were spot on. We really liked this place. Kudos to the terrific hotel staff and owners.

Room Tip: We are not small people and was traveling with a large black lab. The King size bed in the standard...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary - Suzanne B
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We love our four legged friends and as much as we do their two legged companions. We accommodate many different types of travelers and have rooms to satisfy everyone. Thank you for such a kind and thorough review. We look forward to your future stays with us and hope our friendly staff continues to impress you. Thank you again, Genetti Staff.
Deposit, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel itself is rich with history and has a charm not seen in most hotels. It has a prime location with plenty of options for leisure and functionality. The decor screams of it's history with antiques and collectibles from the hotel in glass cases. The service is excellent. The staff friendly and informative. The restaurant has excellent food and service. The room was clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable. I was ready to move in for good.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quiet and have a more apartment like feel, and they get the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the historical elements of our hotel. We look forward to your future stays at the Genetti.
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have the honor and the privilege to stay at the Genetti 5 times a year. Some people think that since the hotel is older it is not modernized so they want something plush. Well let me tell you that if there were Genetti Hotels all across the world, I would stay at them every time. First above all, the history incorporated in this hotel is emotionally warming. It is a wonderful walk down memory lane.
Let's add that the rooms are wonderful. Sure they might not be state of the art, but they are clean, fresh, and welcoming! All rooms have flat screen TV's, you have free Wi-Fi, the best breakfast bar I have ever eaten at, and the most welcoming staff in any place I have ever stayed.
My organization has offered to look for a more "MODERN" hotel and I emphatically deny. No one really likes to be away from home, but I consider going to the Genetti home. They are centrally located so you can shop, walk around town, enjoy a movie, go to a show, hear a band, or stay in to eat in their restaurant that is AWESOME!
If I had one complaint it would be that the restaurant is not open on Sunday evenings and I always travel to the Genetti on a Sunday afternoon. After Traveling, I do not want to go out to eat, I would rather stay in at the hotel. However, due to the nature of the business it is not a busy day for them, so it doesn't pay to be open that day.
The Staff are as close to perfect as you can get. All! Never has anyone treated me poorly and even the General Manager Mark makes it a point every time I am there to ask me about my visit. Kathy, who is always at the front desk makes me feel like I'm just part of the family. Even the General Managers family and puppies great me. I also must mention Kasey who always takes care of me and my staff. She ensures our stay exemplary.

Karry

Room Tip: Whether you need a large room or a small room, you will enjoy the simplicity of life at the Genetti...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Karry S
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Karry,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Genetti. One common thread you will see on here is we are a home away from home whether you are staying one night or one week, whether it’s your first time or 100th time. Everyone here at the Genetti truly loves their job and loves to have a positive impact on each guest. We are glad to welcome you “home” each time you return to Williamsport and look forward to your next visit with us.
morgantown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

An old Hotel in a competitive market. Genetti is downtown Williamsport and gives the appearance of a former grandeur. Genetti is very nice with a friendly staff. The Hotel is clean, well maintained and has tried to keep up with more of the expected amenities for the traveler-not that easy competing with the deep pockets of chain hotels. It does have the ambience of an older hotel and a nice change from the up-to-date but sometimes more sterile big chain hotels. My room was quite small, a small but adequate bath, and a comfortable well-appointed bed. Wi-Fi worked perfectly. The window shade didn't open-if it did it would have revealed a large air conditioning unit or something. I have the feeling they have nicer rooms.
Genetti has a very nice ballroom-looks perfect for a wedding or ballroom dancing.

Room Tip: All rooms should have natural light-make sure yours does.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate that you have recognized our many improvements to keep a grand hotel of the past updated with modern amenities. You are correct in assuming there are many different types of rooms and though some are smaller than others each is sure to accommodate any traveler. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Williamsport Thank you.
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here overnight for a banquet and this is quite a nostalgic place. Lots of history in every corner as it is old but kept up well. Great food and bar setup too. Overall the room was fine. Other than the bathroom being dated and small everything was clean with beds and furniture very comfortable. It's a friendly, happy place to be as we enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and had a great view of the southwest of the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Genetti here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our banquet facilities and food as well as our comfortable guest rooms. We look forward to your future visits with us.
Genetti Hotel
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We just returned from an overnight stay and can't say enough great things about this hotel! Located in downtown Williamsport, PA, I had heard about The Genetti from road signs initially during our travels to the area this past year (our child now attends Lycoming College.). Intrigued, I researched this hotel online and hoped we would stay there one day - a last minute trip plus the fact they allow dogs convinced us to - and I only wished our stay could have been longer! From my first phone call inquiring about their pet policy (Alicia who works the front desk is wonderful!) to departing this morning, nothing could have been better! We actually booked two rooms, and while
both were different (a first floor with outside door allowed my daughter & roommate to stay with our dog, while my husband & I enjoyed a smoking room which also features a whirlpool tub for two with King sized bed) I would stay in either room again in a heartbeat! Both rooms were immaculate, and we enjoyed perfect wi-fi service. The decor was nice & inviting and the beds very comfortable. We usually don't travel with our dog and weren't sure what to expect of the first floor room (would smell & stains of previous guests linger?) however we need not have worried as the room was spotless, the beds comfy and the air fresh! The location made for walking our dog, even during a snowy day, a pleasure and we all enjoyed this room so much we enjoyed our dinner there (Room service from the 4th Street Grill was delicious - we stuck to sandwiches & highly recommend the Reuben in particular!). Now the Whirlpool room on the 10th floor - wow! The tub is actually outside the very large bathroom, directly across from the bed - very enticing, the room decor impeccable and beyond clean. This room is perfect for a romantic getaway & highly recommend! It looks to be recently refurnished, and all I can say is "Well done!"
The Genetti has been in use since the 1920's and it is a beautiful, comfortable place to stay. While maintaining it's history (the lobby decor hails to the past in the best of ways with gorgeous chandeliers and rich leather sofas) it offers all the modern conveniences any person could want (even the elevators have flat screens featuring hotel & local information) that make The Genetti a very welcoming place to stay! I must not forget to mention the staff - everyone there was terrific and could not ask for better (Alicia & Kathy were standouts!). I can't imagine anyone not enjoying their stay here, and we plan to again, many times!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lmshaw68
WOW! Thank you so much for your extensive review of our hotel. We are glad you were able to see how very different some of our room types are and were able to admire each of their amenities. We accommodate many different kinds of travelers and have rooms suitable for everyone's needs. Glad to hear you took advantage of room service and found everything to be suitable. We are happy to welcome you to the Genetti Hotel family and hope to be home away from home for the next four years...and even after that.
Genetti Hotel