“Quaint Old Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Central PA
“Quaint Old Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here overnight for a banquet and this is quite a nostalgic place. Lots of history in every corner as it is old but kept up well. Great food and bar setup too. Overall the room was fine. Other than the bathroom being dated and small everything was clean with beds and furniture very comfortable. It's a friendly, happy place to be as we enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and had a great view of the southwest of the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel - Williamsport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Genetti here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our banquet facilities and food as well as our comfortable guest rooms. We look forward to your future visits with us.
Genetti Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We just returned from an overnight stay and can't say enough great things about this hotel! Located in downtown Williamsport, PA, I had heard about The Genetti from road signs initially during our travels to the area this past year (our child now attends Lycoming College.). Intrigued, I researched this hotel online and hoped we would stay there one day - a last minute trip plus the fact they allow dogs convinced us to - and I only wished our stay could have been longer! From my first phone call inquiring about their pet policy (Alicia who works the front desk is wonderful!) to departing this morning, nothing could have been better! We actually booked two rooms, and while
both were different (a first floor with outside door allowed my daughter & roommate to stay with our dog, while my husband & I enjoyed a smoking room which also features a whirlpool tub for two with King sized bed) I would stay in either room again in a heartbeat! Both rooms were immaculate, and we enjoyed perfect wi-fi service. The decor was nice & inviting and the beds very comfortable. We usually don't travel with our dog and weren't sure what to expect of the first floor room (would smell & stains of previous guests linger?) however we need not have worried as the room was spotless, the beds comfy and the air fresh! The location made for walking our dog, even during a snowy day, a pleasure and we all enjoyed this room so much we enjoyed our dinner there (Room service from the 4th Street Grill was delicious - we stuck to sandwiches & highly recommend the Reuben in particular!). Now the Whirlpool room on the 10th floor - wow! The tub is actually outside the very large bathroom, directly across from the bed - very enticing, the room decor impeccable and beyond clean. This room is perfect for a romantic getaway & highly recommend! It looks to be recently refurnished, and all I can say is "Well done!"
The Genetti has been in use since the 1920's and it is a beautiful, comfortable place to stay. While maintaining it's history (the lobby decor hails to the past in the best of ways with gorgeous chandeliers and rich leather sofas) it offers all the modern conveniences any person could want (even the elevators have flat screens featuring hotel & local information) that make The Genetti a very welcoming place to stay! I must not forget to mention the staff - everyone there was terrific and could not ask for better (Alicia & Kathy were standouts!). I can't imagine anyone not enjoying their stay here, and we plan to again, many times!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lmshaw68
WOW! Thank you so much for your extensive review of our hotel. We are glad you were able to see how very different some of our room types are and were able to admire each of their amenities. We accommodate many different kinds of travelers and have rooms suitable for everyone's needs. Glad to hear you took advantage of room service and found everything to be suitable. We are happy to welcome you to the Genetti Hotel family and hope to be home away from home for the next four years...and even after that.
Genetti Hotel
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Traveling with my group of Swedish tourists. All I can say is that the hotel went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. I loved the old architecture and design. A sense of the past without being heavy. We were greeted with red and white wine. Baggage was handled quickly and check-in was easy. The management was ready to give out advice on restaurants and directions. All of the staff greeted us with a smile and a warm welcome.

My room was upgraded to a suite with a large sitting room and huge bedroom room a wonderful comfortable beds filled with lots of pillows. Bathroom was lovely with extra towels and a huge bathroom mirror. Felt like I was in movie set! Just wonderful, sorry I could not stay and another day. But I highly recommend the hotel for NOT being your typical boring tourist place. Thanks The breakfast was fit for a king or Queen with almost too many selections to choose from eggs to bacon pancakes, waffles, cereals..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy T, Manager at Genetti Hotel - Williamsport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for such a nice review. We love tour buses and are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Our hotel has such a rich history and stunning architecture it offers so much to be enjoyed. We are glad to hear you will recommend us to your friends and hopefully you will be able to stay with us again. Thank you again, Genetti Hotel!~
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

To make a very long story short, my daughter stayed at this hotel for two nights while in Williamsport. Unfortunately, she lost her car keys while she was there. Even more unfortunate was the fact that it was Super Bowl Sunday and no locksmith or dealership was available to help her with a new key. On Monday, we were able to locate a wonderful dealer who was going to shuttle her to the dealership about 20 minutes away. However, check out at the hotel was at 11AM. Because of the situation, the hotel gave my daughter an extra two hours to get the new key made and they didn't charge me anything extra for the accommodation. I just want to say that we will be returning to this hotel and appreciate the kindness of the front desk staff who were working on both Sunday, February 2 and Monday, February 3. THANK YOU for great guest services!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Genetti on Trip Advisor. We love hearing when our staff goes the extra mile to satisfy a guest. While we are sorry to hear about the misfortune your daughter had with her keys we are glad we able to accommodate her and make the rest of her stay enjoyable. We certainly look forward to you staying with us every time you travel through Williamsport. Thank you again! Genetti Hotel
near DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

From the first phone call to the final checkout, the service was impeccable. These are not just employees, they are like family. Honestly! Every person we encountered was cheerful, helpful and just darned NICE.

This is not a cookie-cutter chain hotel. It is gorgeous and charming and just plain quirky. Our room was nice and large, with a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. There were not quite enough outlets in the room, but it was no big deal. The bed was comfy and well made with an inspirational card on the pillow, wishing us peace and happiness (see the picture). That was genuinely heartwarming, and I am not a sappy person! Overall the room was clean. The bathroom was dated. But it was extremely clean and did the best with the space that it could. Have to remember this hotel is from the 1920's. Big luxurious bathrooms didn't really exist. The hotel has done the best they can with this limitation!

Because of the weather, we ate in the restaurant. It was new years eve and they were having a buffet. It was "eh". For some odd reason, everything was super peppery. I like pepper, but it was like everything had 3 times more than it needed. Odd. My husband ordered off the regular menu and it was above average. The breakfast, however, was awesome. If I lived in that town, I would make it a destination. They have this beautiful breakfast buffet every morning, with really exceptional quality breakfast offerings.

Being NYE, it was busy and was really rocking. We could hear the party from the 5th floor, but it was faint. On a normal night I can't imagine one would hear a peep. The lobby was gorgeously decorated, and there is memorabilia and interesting stuff to see in every nook, crannie and hallway.

I would give this place 6 stars if I could. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your many kind words in sharing the details about your stay, with us here at the Genetti. We love to hear that our fantastic employees have converted another traveler into a loyal guest and friend. You are certainly right when you say we are not a cookie-cutter chain and we are glad you could appreciate our unique character and our fabulous breakfast buffet. We are proud to welcome you in to the Genetti family and look forward to your many future stays with us. Thank you, Genetti Hotel~
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I think they are trying. Really. Lots of renovation efforts apparent and no doubt a lovely place for a wedding reception. Not so much for a business traveler. Tiny bathrooms. I mean TINY. Think closet. Put in around 1890 or something. Mold on the shower curtain bottom. Nice amenities in bathroom do not make up for tiny space that is not clean. Yuk. Plus the previous tenants soap had not been discarded and I was missing towels and soap when I first checked in. That was quickly remedied, but still. Really? Internet was nearly non existent in my room. Food during conference was marginal. Service was OK. But just OK. No one seemed to quite care if a guest was happy. it is after all just a job. Stark contrast to my stay a few weeks ago to another hotel in FL where they could not do enough for you - and during peak season at that. This place is trying, but I would not recommend for an over night.

Room Tip: Since I would not voluntarily return here, not much I can add for a 'tip'.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Hotel - Williamsport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are certainly taking your issues into consideration and doing everything that we can so that future guests do not have the same experience as yours.
We do take our 'job' here very seriously. As you can see in previous reviews, we may not be the newest 'Hilton', however, our 'service' is top-notch, above & beyond the call of duty, etc.
We encourage you to contact us here at the hotel directly, so that we may rectify the un-pleasant situation. We promise that we will not disappoint.
Kathy Taylor,
Guest Services Manager
Big Run, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Tired of driving as we travelled south to Reading; we decided to stop for the night. We did go to a few hotels in the area before deciding on Genetti' Hotel in the center of historical Williamsport.

Excellent service and value, and super excellent price. Breakfast the next morning was very professional. We were treated with 5 star service for a 3 stare price.

Whenever I travel again, I will give myself the opportunity to enjoy a stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Hotel - Williamsport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and our deluxe breakfast buffet. We are glad to hear you will be choosing the Genetti the next time you are in Williamsport.