On a recent motorcycle tour through Northern Pennsylvania for the fall color tour, another couple, my wife and I decided to head south from the "Grand Canyon of the East", which was beautiful in itself. I remembered staying at the Genetti about 10 years earlier on a business trip and enjoyed my stay back then. I travel a lot for business and for a hotel to truly stand out - it really does have to meet all the comforts of home. I've stayed at countless big chain hotels, but you'll have to trust me on this one, that your experience at the Genetti Hotel is certain to be an enjoyable stay for you as well.
A full breakfast awaits you in the morning and they even have plate warmers (how long has it been since you've had a warm plate to put your eggs, sausages, corn beef hash, grits etc. on? Cool plate for the fruit bar. The Saturday night of our stay, the bar looked like it was doing a pretty good business, but since our daughter and son-in-law both work at Founders (A micro brewer in Grand Rapids Mi) we opted to try the microbrewery/restaurant across the street. Downtown Williamsport was very quaint and we took a stroll through downtown after dinner. We felt very safe - though one should always be cautious.
The staff was also excellent, from Alicia that checked us in and gave us some ideas on where to eat, to Jacob who spent a good deal of time going over all the historical photos on the wall with my wife. Jacob was very knowledgeable about the photos and made the conversation interesting – my wife enjoyed the journey through time.
We stayed in the “Bob Hope Suite” and my wife enjoyed the room so much, she said she wanted to stay there a week – just in the suite! There was a full size coffee maker in the room. The bathroom had all kinds of nice smelling soaps, lotions and potions. The room had two flat panel televisions – class – pure class, today, tomorrow and yesteryear. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic SureStay Signature Collection Genetti Hotel has been creating memories for world wide travelers since 1922. Our Convenient downtown location in combination with the hotels warm atmosphere and friendly staff make our hotel the perfect choice. We offer a variety of traditional rooms along with whirlpool suites and 'extended stay' rooms. Over 200 hotel rooms, 8,000 sq. Feet of banquet space, full service restaurant and bar & much much more!! We've got everything - all under one roof - to accommodate your needs! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Genetti Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Genetti Lycoming Williamsport
- Genetti Lycoming Hotel Williamsport