“Hells Foyer is the Genetti” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Genetti Hotel - Williamsport

Genetti Hotel - Williamsport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Pennsylvania
“Hells Foyer is the Genetti”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

What a dump, filthy bathrooms, brown scum floating in the jacuzzi, the tv remote didnt work mysterious crust on the bathroom walls and fixtures.

Horrible...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

Basics is what you get here. Our room, 2 double bed, desk, TV was very small but fine for one nite. Although, our room did not look like any of the pictures shown on Genetti's website. Bathroom, small, no frills (towels could be upgraded) but it was clean. Watch out for the shower head . . . if you ever saw that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer buys a shower head from a guy selling them "hot" in the alley and then gets blasted by the water pressure (LOL), the shower head in our room was closed to that.

The hotel is old. Original doors in places, baseboards and throughout the hotel, saw signs of the original hotel (one of those old chute mail things near the elevator). Could use a paint job and new wallpaper. We were a bit disappointed that the pub inside the hotel was not serving food on a Friday nite at 10:30. But we went across the street to the Bullfrog Brewery and had good food there. Again, in the morning, a bit disappointed that the complimentary breakfast we thought we were getting was not complimentary. Apparently on weekends it's $7.95/person.

Location was great, easy on and off to the main roads and from being out of town it was easy to navigate around. All and all, we slept fine, able to adjust the temperature in the room fine. For under a $100, it was fine and if I needed a room again in Williamsport, I would stay here.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2007

I am sitting in a suite at the Ginetti Hotel in Williamsport, PA right now. This is my second night here. I am register until the day after tomorrow but I will be checking out tomorrow morning because I can not stand this place. This place is bazaar, and I don't mean that in a good way. All I need is a flashing neon light outside my window and I would feel like I am "on the lamb". Furnishings are old (not antique), rooms are dirty (not historic), staff is apathetic (not professional) and the dining is terrible (not fine)!!!! Are you getting the picture?

As far as the room. I am on a high floor and there are no fire sprinklers. This is the first hotel in years that I have stayed at with no sprinkler system. There are two window mounted AC units to add a little trailer park trash ambiance. My bath tub faucet drips just the way you would expect at a dump like this. I am asking myself if I would have gotten a better rate if I took the room by the hour.

The food in the restaurant is terrible! Additionally, I had to listen to a slew of profanities coming from the bar patrons while I suffered through a sub standard meal with equally bad service. I was embarrassed to be sitting there. Even though I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels and eat many, many meals alone I felt bad for myself.

Guest services... what is that??? I sent dry cleaning out this morning expecting it to be back this evening - not an unreasonable expectation, is it? When I stopped at the front desk at 6:30 pm to pickup my clean clothes I was told that they were not back yet. When I politely asked when they may be back, I was told that "she" sometimes does not return "it" until 10:00 pm. I again stopped at the front dest at 9:00 pm and inquired about my dry cleaning - still it had not been returned by "her". It is now 10:30 and no dry cleaning yet! The front desk thinks that I am strange for needing clean clothes in the morning. I guess I am supposed to wear dirty clothes tomorrow becasue this fine historic hotel says so (note the very heavy sarcasm).

I can not stress enough - run away from this place. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP. I AM A VETERAN BUSINESS TRAVELER AND THIS HOTEL IS THE WORST I HAVE HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF STAYING AT IN 20 YEARS OF 100 PLUS NIGHTS A YEAR IN HOTELS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank 9399292
Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

We stayed at the Genetti for one night on our way from Niagara to Lancaster. On reflection we wished we had carried on for the extra couple of hours! I dont think this hotel has been refurbished since
1940! We had a 'suite' which was clean enough - except for the bathroom. When my husband ran his bath the water was brown, slightly better the second time round but his white towel became brown as he dried himself!

The staff were friendly & extremely helpful so no problems there and also a redeeming factor was the Bullfrog Brewery/Pub accross the road
which had a very good choice of beers & food to try and a great atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bill/Sal
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2007

OK....SO it's not perfect! But...what is? Do you like sitting on the edge of your bed eating your cold slice of pizza, or your dried up piece of Kentucky Chicken, or would you rather have your own table, chairs, micro, fridge and wetbar right there in your own room. Also a great pub atmosphere in the newly decorated 4th Street Pub just down stairs from your room. Have you ever spent 5 days visiting family, staying at the Best Western or Hampton at the edge of town, no where to go for a drink, or something to eat without getting into your car. How about staying at the Genetti Hotel and having a suite instead of one room! That's what we had for the last 5 days, and we loved it. Yes, it is very European, and that's exactly what we loved about it. We are frequent travelers to Europe, and love what it offers. The rooms at the Genetti are getting better every day. There is a new manager we heard while we were there, that is working on making it better than ever. We felt comfortable, and at home there. It was really nice to be able to go out in the evening and hear the local bands playing on First Friday, visiting Otto's Bookstore that has been there since 1841 where we found a great book on Italy, and tapes to listen to on the way back to TN. There were coffee shops for times when our energy level was low, and great little place to go for a snack when hunger was at our door. All in all, the people working for Genetti's were friendly, helpful, and seemed really happy to have us staying with them. So, if you are looking for perfection, then maybe you will have to wait for a little while until everything is "perfect", but if you want to be "where the action is", close to Williamsport and all that is going on in this very interesting area, then my husband and I would highly recommend a stay at the Genetti Hotel & Suites in Williamsport, PA. Susan and Jake Blair

• Liked — Enjoyed having a suite, in the center of town. it was so easy to get around without a car.
  • Disliked — would have loved to have had down pillows....that's it!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seiblair
Philadelphia,PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

I stayed at the Genetti four nights for a statewide conference. The entire facility had great character but some of the rooms were a little dated.The staff and employees of the facility were outstanding. They answered questions, provided directions , made recommendations - all in a pleasant, patient matter. They provided free transportation to and from a minor league baseball game - and even waited with us through a 9th. inning rain delay! If I am ever in Williamsport again, I'll stay at the Genetti, primarily because of the quality of service.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank pugPhiladelphiaPA
Williamsport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

The Genetti is a great place to stay. The building has so much history but the rooms are modern and the staff is amazing. We had a statewide conference and every part of the event was handled professionally and promptly. All our needs were met and they went above and beyond.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business