“Lovely atmosphere”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Mississauga, Canada
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Reading other reviews leads me to believe that there is quite a variety in rooms. We had a grant experience. Love the Christmas decor. The hotel is well maintained and has a lovely old world charm. We were upgraded to a suite which had a king and queen bed in two separate rooms. Too big for us but well appointed and comfortable. The restaurant was closed ( close to Christmas and a Sunday) but the Bullfrog pub around the corner was a great place to eat. Hotel Staff were friendly and helpful. Morning breakfast was plentiful - bacon, sausage, eggs, hash, biscuits, gravy, toast, cereal, yogurt - all buffet style -if you like that sort of thing. It was included in the cost of the room so can't complain.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myroes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Where to start?

Firstly the room was a shoebox. It could fit the double bed and a desk but not much else.

The room and ensuite was filthy - there was poo and hair on the toliet!!

The bed was old and saggy and very uncomfortable. The pillows felt like they were 100 years old!

I had to get up after a while and unplug the bar fridge as it was humming so loudly we couldn't sleep.

The buffet breakfast service was a joke. No service (I had to go behind the side bar to find our own napkins). Plastic utensils - yes, plastic knives and forks!

Overall our stay was very unpleasant and for the price we felt completely ripped off.

The only upside was that we were eventually given a partial refund which took a little of the sting out of our stay. But we would never go back. I'd rather sleep in the car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MattC88
reviewhawk, Front Office Manager at Genetti Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
We appreciate your time and feedback regarding your stay with us here at the hotel. The entire Genetti staff is dedicated to superior quality and guest services as reflected in our past reviews and we are extremely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It is a certainly no accident that we are ranked in the top “2” among all the hotels here in Williamsport.

We did confirm that your reservation was made upon walking into our hotel at about 11pm, when we were approximately 80% occupied. Since our last few available rooms are generally some of our smaller ones, we did in fact deeply discount your room at arrival.

We also confirm that hair was reported in the bathroom, however nothing other than that had been brought to our attention. And, in fact, further deductions were made to your rate at checkout without mention of any other cleanliness or service issues. As you can see from our past reviews, cleanliness is something we are regularly applauded for.

All the mattresses have been replaced within the last 2yrs along with our pillows. This issue also was not reported to anyone at checkout.

Our refrigerators are the traditional standard issue used within the lodging industry. We do have staff on here at the hotel 24 hours a day and are just a phone call away if our guests are ever in need of assistance for any reason.

Yes, plastic silverware and paper plates were being used in our restaurant as we were undergoing a full kitchen renovation to help us to better serve our future guests. We do apologize for the temporary inconvenience. Once again our past reviews note breakfast as a highlight here at the hotel.

Again, we apologize that we fell short at meeting your expectations and are fully dedicated to using your comments as a productive tool to continuously improve here at the Genetti.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Many years ago, when this hotel was the Lycoming Hotel, my family used to enjoy occasional fancy lunches there. I grew up, moved away and have not been back for over 50 years. My family just returned home after two nights at the Genetti. From the very moment we entered the hotel to the minute we left, we absolutely loved our visit. Our corner room on the 8th floor was spacious and comfy. The beds were heaven! The extra large bathroom had a walk in shower (no climbing over the tub). The hot breakfast in the morning was amazing...a huge array of food, hot and cold, with any and all breakfast items you could ever want. "Best breakfast" ads on the billboards near Williamsport don't adequately tell the story about the perfectly wonderful meal it was. The desk clerks are amazing. When I thought I had possibly left my cell phone charger in the room or lost it in the hotel, I was assured they would search for it. The very next day I got a call from them. I have NEVER had that happen before. When I needed two extra towels, they were at my door in five minutes. The housekeeping staff is courteous and friendly and always smiling. The hotel is hosting a Roaring 20's party this weekend celebrating its 90th birthday. They have renovated and updated all their rooms without losing that nostalgic old feel about it. I will honestly never stay anywhere else but this hotel when I am in the area again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms appear to be larger. Choose one of them if you can.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tippysu
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I chose the Genetti since it was close (just steps!) away from the Arts Center. I read some of the reviews, good and bad, and wondered if I should pay any mind to the complaints from some. I ended up more than happy that I stayed here! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, I felt welcome and appreciated as soon as I checked in. While the building itself is "old", the room was clean, comfortable and had all that I needed or wanted. Yes, you will hear the occasional rattle in the pipes, and whatever else may go along with a building with this history, but, I'd much rather stay in a place with character and charm, than a cookie-cutter chain along the highway. In the end, I wonder if the people who didn't enjoy it either stayed here prior to a renovation, or they are way more picky than I am? I hope to return to the Genetti one day soon, as it truly was an enjoyable and memorable weekend. I would recommend the Genetti without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Langhorne, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have traveled to Williamsport several times. My son attends Penn College of Technology. I have stayed elsewhere in town 3 previous trips.The last 3 trips I have stayed at the Genetti. I have found my home away from home when i come to Williamsport. The Genetti is located in the center of town and within walking distance to several pubs and restaurants.an shopping The hotel has all the modern appointments and I love the nostalgic decor. The rooms an suites are always clean and tastefully decorated. The free breakfast buffet is excellent.The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful. I look forward to my next stay at the Genetti.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Genetti Hotel before, they have great rooms. The rooms are fresh and very clean. It makes you never want to leave. I'm doing my family genealogy and the free wifi and comfortable chair and desk were nice. They have a free breakfast buffet every morning with a variety of different breakfast selections..... Very good And yes I would stay there again and again. The people make you feel at home and the nice note on the pillow makes you also feel that way.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, I stayed in a suite, but I have stayed in their regular rooms, they are all nic...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank elhigh
Orlean, Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Genetti for two nights to attend a family wedding in Williamsport. The hotel was very well located in the downtown area, close to the church and the reception hall. Though the hotel is 90 years old, it is well maintained and updated. That said, don't expect a Ritz-Carlton environment. The elevators and some public areas could use a spruce up.

The rooms are comfortable; the beds especially so. Because we had 4 other family member staying at the hotel, we learned there are differences in bathroom sizes. If you like a spacious bathroom, ask for a room that has one. I'd also recommend asking for a room on the William Street side, away from West 4th, as your room will be quieter off the main street.

Breakfast buffet is included in the room price and the food selection is large and diverse. Don't expect a gourmet experience, but there is plenty of tasty breakfast food. The hotel has its own free off street parking, which is very helpful. The hotel bar/restaurant is a great place to catch a drink and the staff is friendly and accommodating.

Overall, we had a great time at the Genetti and would recommend it over staying in a chain motel/hotel for a short stay in Williamsport.

Room Tip: The rooms are comfortable; the beds especially so. Because we had 4 other family member staying at...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family